Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Line Drawing

Default Re: Line Drawing

No not objects that are already animated, but some software that would load a svg file and create an animation, like VideoMakerFx mentioned above. Thanks for the additional tutorial. Egg still not sure how you created the drawing, can you point me somewhere, that might explain in more detail.

Egg still not sure how you created the drawing, can you point me somewhere, that might explain in more detail.
    Sorry I can't do it from my original drawing. I deleted it. I'm probably overcomplicating thigs here as I was just trying to point out to Handrawn that you can look at an images as either something drawn with a line in some software or you can look at "this " line as a shape.

Hope I'm not confusing you

If you look at the whiteboard animation again you'll notice that the pencil draws the inside and outside of the image on the left as different strokes, whilst the one one the right only draws a single outline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line-drawing-explanation.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	104930  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Had a look at VideoMakerFx and I can't say I'm impressed. It hints at whiteboarding but only shows a hand sliding an image on. Got bored & didn't watch the rest of the video
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm aware of the methodology egg - 'bin doing the boolean for too long not to be;
    it's a good way to do it in vector, but still tortoise, not hare
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Greenie Question: Am I to understand that Xara is unable to load svg format?

Hello Veeness, sorry this thread has gone way off topic. Getting back on topic and in answer to your question Xara can import & export svg files. These display fine in all browsers. My particular problem was in importing a Xara created svg into another program. This caused issues, but shouldn't cause issues if you're wanting to create svg's to display within a browser.
    Egg

Thanks for the help, I believe somewhere, I saw another video of VideoMakerFX and it was able to also draw an image, but not sure.

Can i help you ?

Hi shjnn3e
    I'm looking to use line art in a whiteboard animation.

I'm looking for the easiest way to either draw line characters or find a site from which to download them in a svg format. It seems like I'm making some progress with Inkscape to draw the images. The images would be very basic in nature. Examples are posted earlier. Egg also indicated there were some distortion problems with Xara Designer and VideoStudio, I don't know if there are the same problems with Inkscape and VideoStudio.

Secondly I would like to find a desktop program to animate the figures, Egg has a reply here showing the animate effect, currently will probably use VideoStudio, which I haven't tried yet. The first problem with VideoStudio is that it is subscription based, which I'm not crazy about.

I'm really lost in this convo, but would like to understand it so as to follow it. You want to have an app that can create line figures (as you first showed) and then export as an SVG format, into an app that can then animate them - correct? The end effect being that a line figure character, will be seen moving or doing whatever as though on a whiteboard - yes? Or are you after an animation where a pencil draws things on said whiteboard, and it's the pencil that is the animation?

Now if I am right in the first part, why can Xara not deal at least with the first part? This comes from my 100% belief that Xara can do it all ..... no?

Looking forward to your replies