Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Line Drawing

Threaded View

Default Re: Line Drawing

Quote Originally Posted by laguna92651 View Post
    It is the first option that I am after, not being an artist I was initially looking for help on using Xara as a drawing tool....
    Hi Laguna I'm fairly new to animating in Xara (made 3 including this little sketch)
    I worked backwards to animate this little quick sketch animation in Xara GPD7...its easier for me this way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VeeAniFlowerSketch2014.gif 
Views:	121 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	105181

1. open a new animated page
    2. sketch my line drawing with the freehand sketch mode button enabled note; I sketched the whole animation on one page only
    3. then...I copied the frame several times
    4. then working backwards from the last frame I started to delete segments and move some of them
    5. working back up along the frame list
    6. I'd watch it and adjust a frame as necessary
    7. I'd then change each frame seconds of duration to 0.1
    8. Exported into gif format

I'm always learning and each time getting better...sketching is practice of a skill: some more naturally than others but someone who has never sketched can learn the skill of sketch by practice... find a simple pic... copy it 100 times... you will soon know how to skill that image you copied.

Personally I tend not to follow a normal copy of something but using it only as a reference then always want to create something original from it or an idea and bend it to my will, so I bend my skill to my whimsy if that helps you understand more about drawing process for artists.

Goodluck))
    Last edited by Veeness; 13 December 2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: added...I sketched the whole animation on one page only