Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Design question - part 2

Hi all

Just building on the earlier question asked by signmaster - can I ask what may be a stupid question please?

I am trying to construct a more modern looking site, using the full page width.

The only way I can get to use the 'fill browser width' function is by placing the item in the pasteboard background, but I am not able to place a slideshow that shows in this area.

Am I missing something or is what I am trying to do not possible in Xara?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Regards

Neil

Default Re: Design question - part 2

Drag a color onto the pasteboard but not onto the page.

In the Website Properties > Website section, remove the check from Clip to page edges. As long as an object touches part of the page it can extend off the page in any direction.

Good morning all

gwpriester - many thanks for the quick and helpful response - I have tried your suggestion and whilst useful does not quite achieve the result I was looking for.

What I would like to achieve is to use a slideshow to fill the screen (no matter the resolution used), the only way I can achieve this is to place the item in the pasteboard background and use the 'fill browser width' function, but as mentioned when applied to a slideshow in the pasteboard background it does not show when published.

Also is it possible to 'freeze' the usual items at the top of a page (menu bar, logos etc) so that the remainder of the page content will scroll and appear to go underneath them?

Many thanks

You can also make your page the size of the slideshow.

And as long as the slideshow touches part of the page and you have unchecked the fit to edge option, it should work. Is this not the case?

The slideshow itself would have to be responsive.

Maybe if sketch or Acorn reads this post they will have a suggestion.

Thanks again for the response.

Using your suggestion to uncheck the fit to edge I can now make the slideshow as wide as I like, but it does not automatically stretch to fill the browser window - is that linked to making it 'responsive'? If so how to I do that?

Another thought I had was if I could use 3 pages - one for each image on the pasteboard background - is there a way to auto cycle through these pages so that it would look like a slideshow?

Many thanks

Neil

Nobbyy,

Also is it possible to 'freeze' the usual items at the top of a page (menu bar, logos etc) so that the remainder of the page content will scroll and appear to go underneath them?
    See Covoxers / Steve Ledgers solution HEREhttp://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...emainging-page
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    What I would like to achieve is to use a slideshow to fill the screen (no matter the resolution used)
    http://xara-users.magix.net/public/fsbss/

Wow - I cant believe how helpful this forum is!

Egg Bramhill - many thanks for the link, it looks like exactly what I need, will just take me a little time to get to grips with it - cant promise that I wont be back for some more help though!

Steve.ledger - thank you also for the link, it does exactly what I want and I have it working! I also think that I need to thank you in advance for the work that Egg pointed me to.

Steve - Thanks fantastic!

(Oops, forgot the part about creating the placeholder).
    Last edited by gwpriester; 28 November 2014 at 06:20 PM.