Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: November 2014 Video Tutorial -- The Importance of Backgrounds!

Good ones I also prefer somehow the second one Stygg, being maybe not sure in the shadow of the flower, the background wall which is great idea with that curve seems farer so maybe that shadow could be different

Cheers for that Larry. "Also interesting how you curved the background." Nothing difficult about that Larry, drew a curved line, made a blend 7 steps then the shape tool to make the shapes.

@csehz- your correct about the flower shadow, to be honest, I completely forgot about it

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	444.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	105084  
    Last edited by stygg2003; 09 December 2014 at 04:48 PM.

This thread has a lot of opportunities yet because maybe only Maya did a beach scene, so would like just to join one with some Xara fractal&cloud transparencies for a background

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beach&Ball.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	105086

Beach&Ball.xar

Also one of the big challenges of perspective to estimate how far a certain object is, firstly created the background so maybe with that size would look the beachball, but with that the background becomes quite overwhelming Definitely will have to think yet about other objects

Nice works stygg and csehz!
    I guess in the flower image I'll be the odd one and say I actually like the effect in the first image best with the slightly blurred background...I think if the shadow from the flower was adjusted so it just fell only on the table and not the blurred background then the background would look far away giving depth of field??? Well, I like them both, it was just a thought I had.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Haven View Post
    Nice works stygg and csehz!
    I guess in the flower image I'll be the odd one and say I actually like the effect in the first image best with the slightly blurred background...I think if the shadow from the flower was adjusted so it just fell only on the table and not the blurred background then the background would look far away giving depth of field??? Well, I like them both, it was just a thought I had.
    Good point Maya about the flower shadow, will try that

Stygg

I somehow overslept and missed yesterday's posts. Which is odd, because when you owe as much money as I do, you almost never sleep.

That was (somewhat of) a joke.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@stygg—

Anything worth doing in moderation is worth doing in excess. I'd sacrifice some of the detail in your wavy wallpaper and blur the crap out of it to "force" depth of field in the piece you did with the vase and bowl.

@csehz—

As with everything, there are degrees of perspective. I'm sure Blender can be set to about 50 degrees with a field of vision of about 40 degrees, mimicking human vision. I did not mean to say that there was anything wrong with the perspective you used in post #54...it might be more photographic-lens-like, but I have to say that judging its plausibility is nearly impossible.

Do you know why?

Of course you do!

The stripes of the gift wrapping are distracting from any judgement!

Well, almost any judgement: I (judge) think it's an excellent piece and it still reminds me of Dick Hess's work!

My Best,

Gary

Forsaken moderation and blurred the crap out of the wavy wallpaper as you suggested Gary also added the flower shadow on the floor as suggested by Maya. As you see, I'm always open to suggestions and advice as long as it's not money as I've got none anyway

Stygg

Name:	Vase.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	105096  

I've not solved your problem of perspective in #63 csehz but your thinking gave me an idea

Stygg

Name:	9999.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	105097  

LOVE #68, stygg!

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    LOVE #68, stygg!

-g
    Gary all I did after reading csehz #63 was to import the new beach scene into your originally file, delete the sky and sea and drag the new scene to size, then applied the trans. to the beach ball, this solved the problem of perspective, csehz spoke about, altering the bitmap gave it I think what he was after. Here is the beach bitmap and xar.file for anyone to see what I did. BTW, I had altered the beach scene, changing the sand, sky and sea to get the final image you see now.

Stygg

Name:	Sandy 1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	105098  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stygg2003; 10 December 2014 at 01:58 PM.