Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mischief

Default Mischief

Got a Graphics Tablet? Make some Mischief.
    Check it out. https://www.madewithmischief.com

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MadeWithMischief

Default Re: Mischief

Looks interesting Mike but not for me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Great spot. Looks fantastic.

The world is surely changing with the explosion of new software hitting the market.

Thanks Mike, looks very interesting. Now just got to sort out the tablet side lol.

Thanks. I've been trying to find replacement sketching software for win8 that recognizes my pen without problems. I have, apparently, the one model of touchsmart HP computers that HP decided to do zero updates and support for the day after it came out, so all of my drawing programs that I've purchased no longer work in windows 8 with my stylus properly. I've tried for hours and hours, playing with settings, drivers, etc. trying to get anything to work. I'd even settle for Xara with no pressure sensitivity if would recognize it, but Windows tablet layer/wacom driver conflict pretty much means I cannot use anything that was programmed 15 minutes ago or longer.

That's really bad luck.

You might find the drivers from other/similar models will do the trick, even if they aren't supported officially.

Oh yay! Microsoft really loves me.

Missing DLL error from Visual Studio. Replaced it, reinstalled Visual studio, still fails to load.

*sigh*

What's the point of loading up an OS that can't run anything? Sorry to vent, but I didn't even want to load windows on my computer and these events are just piling up very very quick making it ridiculously obvious I'm going to have to shell out more damn money on a new computer when I have a perfectly good one right here with more than enough hardware power to do everything I need.

Why do people even with windows?! I don't get it. I honestly don't.

This goes back to a rant about Adobe I had.

Tradition, markets, all that stuff is no reason to be treated like crap by these companies. Apple's no better. Linux, I forgive because I don't have to fork over anything so when things go bad, it's not like I had an expectation of 'money~functionality~saved time'. That's exactly what I expect when I put money down for an OS, software, etc. In the end, I only ever feel like each purchase is just a trap to get me to buy something else and I'm sick of it.

Sorry to hear all your woes.

Can you not put Win7 on? Just an idea I appreciate this might defeat the functionality of the HP's original intent, but get back control of your hardware through changes that allow you to work.

I'm just trying to offer a diverse perception of a situation I don't know the details of, that may allow you to work and save you money to boot

I would expect any drivers that worked with Win 7 to work with Win 8.

For me the breakthrough Windows releases were Windows NT (which was very reliable) and Windows 7 (also very reliable for me).

My wife's Dell laptop often fails to do some Windows 7 updates because of missing this and that.

..but we have to work with what we have.