Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF link to anchor in same document not working

I have created a 6 page pdf using Xara Design Pro 9 and wanted to create links from the index to the corresponding topic within the document. When I create a link to an anchor within that document, it does not take the user to that anchor - in fact it does nothing. The cursor changes to indicate a link is available, but nothing happens when I click. I have tried putting a transparent graphic over it as someone suggested in another topic, but all those links when to other web pages, not within the same document. And before you ask, I have selected to save hyperlinks when I export to PDF.

Default Re: PDF link to anchor in same document not working

Check back in a bit. Mike Wenz when he swings by may have the answer. My recollection is that it should work but that it doesn't. But I don't use that feature so I might be wrong.

Hah. I haven't a clue how to do this in XDP. I'll give it a real try later, but on first blush it doesn't seem possible.

Mike

I think I will move this thread to Dear Xara as well. Dear Xara is for reporting bugs and making feature requests.

Links to anchors on other pages of a PDF created in XDP v9 and v10 do work fine.
    The thing is, with FOXIT reader (my preference) in Preferences>>General 'Create links from URLs' must be checked and you must select the Hand tool in order for URLs in PDFs to be active.
    I haven't used Adobe's reader for a long time, but I suspect it could be similar?

You can test your PDFs in Google Chrome browser which has it's own built-in PDF viewer where links are active by default.

Thanks for your help, but I know my audience. If anything has to deviate from the default, it is not going to happen so I will just not add the links and they can do it the old fashioned way. Thanks again.