Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

John - With regard to those old plans, if I were going to the trouble of scanning them I would definitely save them in a tif format and burn them to cd's. That would likely help address preserving the info. It wouldn't however make that info very accessible and that's where DjVu comes in. In the DjVu format you could probably put hundreds of high resolution scans on one cdrom. You'd really be smoke'n if you added to the cd a html interface that navigates the images. The museum staff could even add commentary and interpretive info as an option. I believe such a cd would not only make the info accessible - it could be published and sold. I'd buy one. There would certainly be the potential for income from sales to pay for professional scanning.

Anyways - I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I hope these ideas help.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

This thread is getting quite bloated even with the high compression rates. So it is I've started another thread called DjVu all over again. I hope we can keep this interesting topic going - we've only scratched the surface.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Thanks for the heads up. Very interesting product. Are you, by any chance, familiar with their MrSids product and the differences between it and DjVu?