Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Okay I can see that I'll have to look at the prog a bit more. As I said I'd just downloaded it.

Peter...With this zoomable image I can now see the limits of the bridge in your Glencoe photo. I realise that I was making it far to short in my original attempts. Another good reason for using this file format.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The code I used to display a djvu file inline without any bar below is as follows:

<EMBED TYPE="image/x-djvu" SRC="http://www.designstop.com/test/ross.djvu"HEIGHT=300 WIDTH=600 ZOOM=stretch PASSIVE=yes>

If you want the bar try this:

<EMBED TYPE="image/x-djvu" SRC="http://www.designstop.com/test/scotty.djvu"HEIGHT=750 WIDTH=550 MENU=yes ZOOM=stretch FRAME=no>

In both cases, replace the urls with ones of your own. The code is put into the "your reply" message box. The attachment function is not used. Also note the "disable HTML" should not be checked.

Hope this works to get an image to display. After it does go back and edit your message to revise and finetune the embed options.

Regards, Ross

Nothing to do with Xara, but seeing how a few photos have been creeping into the forums and people seem to be interested...

<EMBED TYPE="image/x-djvu" SRC="http://www.petestack.com/forum/threesisters.djvu" WIDTH="642" HEIGHT="370" MENU="yes" ZOOM="stretch" FRAME="no">

One of my favourite views of Scotland, and just over the hill from here - Stob Coire nan Lochan and the Three Sisters of Glen Coe from the A82 (main road north) just above the Meeting of Three Waters (35mm slide, October 1981, scanned at an alleged 2400dpi, which was too much for DjVu and had to be reduced to encode!).

Compression ratio of 199 this time ('photo' setting again), but a better looking image at high zoom factors.

BTW, the string of houses to the left of the bridge in the other pic is North Ballachulish. Ballachulish itself extends rightwards from the slate quarry (behind the bridge), and Glencoe village sits just out of sight more or less dead centre.

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

<EMBED TYPE="image/x-djvu" SRC="http://www.designstop.com/test/pride.djvu"HEIGHT=600 WIDTH=650 MENU=yes ZOOM=stretch FRAME=no>

Above example is a 300k jpeg that was compressed to 47k. Most of the loss in quality was in the jpeg.

Hey - DjVu is an open standard. Does that mean Xara Ltd. might be able to incorporate it as an export? That could open another market for Xara.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Opera got a fit and a runtime error and my system froze. I uninstalled the plug-in, re-installed it only for IE5.5, rebooted (VITAL) and managed to see these beatutiful images. This might well be THE discovery of the century (up to now).
    GRRRRREAT.
    Thanks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I emailed LizardTech and invited them to see what we're doing here and requested that pass on to us any advice that might be helpful to us. I'm hopeful they read their email and respond.

Regards, Ross

PS - I've had internet explorer 5.50 crash when I've opened multiple windows - all of which are using the plugin. It doesn't happen every time but enough to push me towards one window at a time.

Hi Ross,

In an earlier post you wondered about browsers without the plugin. My browser at work hasn't been plugged in yet. Appearently it does not load the images. The pages load at the same speed as plain text (no images) and no status line indicating it is loading images.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Erik - It could be a good way for an artist like youself to more effectively use the web to sell art. Anyone serious enough about your art to consider a purchase would likely be willing to download the plugin to see higher resolution images that could "make" the sale.

The AT&T website about DjVu has an example of a coin shop that successfully uses DjVu to allow buyers to see high res images that eliminate any doubts about the condition of the coins. Neat stuff. (The same coin shop is featured at the djvu.com site too).

Soquili - Good to know having a DjVu image on a page may not hamper the page download speed for those without the browser plugin.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 11, 2001 at 03:00 PM.]

The really cool thing about the DjVu (pronounced like the French) is if you don't have the plugin installed, you don't have to wait for all the images to download, which in this case could take a long time :-)

The review was in Communication Arts Magazine. I write the monthly Tech Review column. I've been reading Communication Arts Magazine since it was first published in the very late '50s. It is THE magazine for graphics professionals. A bit expensive though which aside from the free software, getting my comp copies is a big perk.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...