Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't create a new page

After a few months of successful operation, I have run into a roadblock that I can't understand or solve. From a seemingly fine web project, I have become unable to create new pages. The New or Duplicate command produces the rather unfriendly (but not fatal) error message:

"Internal program error 1639.k.No.ar"

Come again?? There is no reference across Google to this error. Can anyone tell me what it is and how I get past it?

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Default Re: Can't create a new page

It sounds like a "feature" Rick.

Something has probably gotten corrupted in the document. This happens more often than we would like to admit.

See if this happens when you create a new document.

Also, file a support request http://support.xara.com They will probably want to study the document to see what is making this happen.

In the mean time, if you can create a new document and add new pages successfully, then copy and paste your current site to the new document.

You can copy the entire page and paste the entire page in place using Edit > Copy Page and Edit > Paste Page.

Is this THE Rick Altman, the Coreldraw guru?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It sounds like a "feature" Rick.

Something has probably gotten corrupted in the document. This happens more often than we would like to admit.

See if this happens when you create a new document.

Also, file a support request http://support.xara.com They will probably want to study the document to see what is making this happen.

In the mean time, if you can create a new document and add new pages successfully, then copy and paste your current site to the new document.

You can copy the entire page and paste the entire page in place using Edit > Copy Page and Edit > Paste Page.

Thanks for the advice, Gary. How do I clone the mobile variant? Any rules of thumb for that?

I haven't tried it but as the variant is linked to the main site, you would either have to stop sharing the content, or bit the bullet and recreate the variant.

Think of it as an opportunity to polish your design skills.

Wow, how discouraging that an internal error would require that I rebuild a significant portion of a website. That is just about as bad as an error gets.