Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who can help my solve this ugly piece of text issue?

When I update a JPG image to a website (fiverr.com, accepts JPG only) I get an quite sharp picture, but the text in red is ugly whatever I try, as if it has a darker red outline, but it does not.
    Because the main image is sharp, what may be the reason for only the red piece to stay ugly? I have tried a lot of things but found no way to solve it...

Thanks for reading.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MWSnap096.png 
Views:	425 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	104751

Default Re: Who can help my solve this ugly piece of text issue?

Either use real text or make sure that the red text is exported as a .png.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Either use real text or make sure that the red text is exported as a .png.
    Export as PNG then convert to JPG before uploading?

No, export as PNG and use the PNG.

JPEG is great for photos but terrible for solid areas of color and especially red.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	256.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	104752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	True Color.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	104753  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPEG.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	104754  

Did any of the responders read that the web site in question only accepts JPEG files?

Without also uploading to the same site to try a couple things on the export, I'm afraid no one here can really help much. I would try an export without compression, drag it from where I saved it into a browser. If it looks good that way but not once it is uploaded to that website, they are changing the compression.

Also, make certain the text is exactly the size in Xara that the website will allocate for it. I usually use the photo document type, create a white rectangle of the precise pixel dimensions, add the text I need, select all and export. I don't know what Xara product you use, so if your version doesn't have the photo document type, just create the rectangle the required dimensions in whole pixels on any size page and select it and the text to export.

But I also would recommend to still check it in the browser before uploading it.

Since the host only accepts JPG and the red looks poorly in JPG, get rid of the red, and replace with a bitmap that reproduces well in JPG - that's probably the solution.

Red text will work fine providing the compression is not changed nor the size altered when uploaded.

My tuppence-worth is to ensure the X-Y positions are exact pixels.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No idea about fiverr until your post but it would appear browsing through the site that they do indeed accept png files. Looking at the Logos section and inspecting vero logo using Firebug it loads a png file:

<div class="img-ll" data-real-src="//cdnil1.fiverrcdn.com/deliveries/3670020/v2_680_459/creative-logo-design_ws_1415776707.png?1415776707"></div>

There seems to be a limit of 50Mb size.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have noticed similar issues using pure red also.