Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default November 2014 Giveaway - Frances Proctor's Seamless Tiling Stone Textures

Twelve Seamless Tiling Stone Textures by Frances Proctor

November 2014 Giveaway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stone-texture-collection.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	104764

We’ve never actually had a “theme” for our beautiful and persistent texture giveaways, but Christine Farrelly gifted us with lace-like patterns last month, and now France Proctor has created a texture set of enough rocks to keep Fred Flintstone and Barney busy for ages (specifically the Upper Paleolithic Ages). Try these out as wall textures in your illustrations (they’d go great with your ideal Man Cave), put text on them and create a reflection for “Museum” themes, or you could actually draw some rocks using these textures as fills, and then add some shading with black, white, and some transparency.

But perhaps the best motivation to get you started with your rock garden is the Guest tutorial this month, where Frances takes you through the steps to making a wet string of text on a stone surface. Get your imagination and your igneous out and watch the video tutorial!

So let's get stoned! Show off your masonry work here.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: November 2014 Giveaway - Frances Proctor's Seamless Tiling Stone Textures

I'm waiting for stygg or Big Frank to build a brick outhouse.

C'mon, guys. don't disappoint me.

-h

Default Re: November 2014 Giveaway - Frances Proctor's Seamless Tiling Stone Textures

Those are really nice textures, Angelize! Thank you.

Thanks for that Francis, thought I'd read correct and it was'nt the pain killers sending me round the twist. It was a good Aussie programme on telly that many moons ago Thanks also for those great tiles.

Stygg

@Everyone—In addition to the textures, Frances shows how to write "liquid text" on a seamless tile surface this month. And this is the first time a Guest tutorial has been a video. Go get out a chisel and your bathing suit.

Frances' Epic Motion Picture!

Name:	Frances-preview.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	104775
    Last edited by Gare; 20 November 2014 at 02:46 PM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

While we are waiting for that outhouse here is a stone wallpaper I created for my cell phone. It was inspired by the new material design theme that comes with Android's new Lollipop upgrade that is just out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stonematerialdesignsmall.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	104808  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I'm waiting for stygg or Big Frank to build a brick outhouse.

C'mon, guys. don't disappoint me.
    That is an interesting idea, this is the state I reached today with extrudes however during the process that became rather a brick grill

Name:	OutdoorBarbeque.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	104832
    OutdoorBarbeque.xar

Using finally two stone textures from the giveaway, thanks for them of course.

so here is something that might come in handy or at least provide some inspiration! I created a seamless tile out of seamless tiles!

Name:	stonewalltile.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	104859  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Used your tile fills on an old tut. shape Francis, using all the colour tools and brightness tool.

Stygg

Name:	69.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	104861  

That's great Stygg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]