Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: November's Guest Tutorial Video: Making Watery Text

Thanks alot Rik your right I did miss it.

Thankyou both much for taking the time and for the video of this layer query I had Angelize.
    Buddabim buddaboom...I say this! I cracked up when you said it.I watched some show once cant remember what it was but that's all I got out of it...buddabim buddaboom...

I like the fly in and out on small fast jobs... things on detail tedious and concentrating mode(you all know what this feels like) and mouse slides over in exhilaration it distracts me after two or three flies. (just like the real ones...lol) That's a neat setup. Love it. Learned something new once again)) I tend to naturally scan left right left so this suits me better.

I also redid your tutorial and yes I figured I had missed the transparency bit. Now after some dabbling around I managed to get something more closer to your tutorial. I'm going to do it a few more times and already started using this feature on another image.

I'm not sure what my thang' is yet...but it's surely not too limiting using Xara,

Default Re: November's Guest Tutorial Video: Making Watery Text

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Created water text using the technique Gary posted so then I tried it using a leaf shape to see how it would turn out? Stygg

If I might, Frances, only because stygg is referring to an image that was not in your video, that I sort of winged (American slang: winging it is doing something spontaneously, or without rehearsal).

Stygg, in order for a wet object lying on a flat surface to display specular reflections, it has to by partially curved on its face. Imagine your object viewed from an angle that is 0.0001" from the ground.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lens-no-lens.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	104998

Essentially, a wet something-or-other has surface tension and cohesion so it "wants" to stick together, and as a result, there is a bulge like a lense. Flat objects such as a leaf cannot easily be drawn as though they are fluids because a leaf is flat. You could suggest some transparency and refraction by bending the surface beneath the "glass leaf", but traditionally, before computers, airbrush artists used to excel at drawing juicy, specular things because there is a gradual falloff of light, the artist understands how light reacts to smooth, semi-transparent objects, and knows that highlights tend to be crisp.

It might help to go back and take a glance at the tute I did on plastic versus chrome. At very least, it would give me one more hit on YouTube,

Gary