Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What happened to Xara support?

Is it just me or has something happened to Xara's support? I've had a critical issue with Designer Pro 9 for many months. Bugs reported from within the software are being ignored and set to "Closed" in the support area without response or resolution; and when I manually open a critical support thread it just sits there without being assigned or responded to.

Even a response which would make me upgrade or which told me there was no resolution would be better than the current vacuum. Xara's support used to be so prompt and thorough.

What's going on? Anybody?

Default Re: What happened to Xara support?

Have you posted your issue here? if not please do.

Xara's support has always been excellent so I can't understand why you should be having a problem with them.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

That was my experience too, Christine, up to these last few months, which is why I'm perplexed.

The issue is complex. When trying to save a file there is either an "internal program error" or a "file sharing error" and the program crashes. The file I was working on then cannot be opened because it is either "empty" or it doesn't exist. I have to go back to backups (which I have to do every 3 minutes(!)) and start again, so I can spend 2 hours to achieve 10 minutes work of work. It's incredibly frustrating and, as Xara have all the necessary log files etc., I can't work out what's with the silence ...

Hi Graham,

Crash error logs are sent to a slightly different automated system and is not often looked at by support; however if you send us a ticket at http://support.xara.com describing the steps you take which cause these crashes and appropriate .web/.xar files, we can look into this for you.

Thanks
    Rob

I'll see if I can get someone at Xara to respond to this thread and/or get back to you.

Oops. I see Rob just has.

Thanks - it looks like Rob from Xara has seen it.

Thanks Rob - that's precisely what I did some days ago - Ticket #YCF-166-87035 . If you can look at it, any response would be VERY welcome!

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately your ticket was one generated from a error log and inserted into the crashes queue which is mostly monitored by automated systems (which by default is set to closed). I'll move it out and look into it.

Thanks
    Rob

Much obliged. And illuminating how the automated systems works (or doesn't ...) - I'll bear that in mind in future ;-)

It's only crash reports which get inserted into this queue, I think you should get an email response with something like:

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket.
    All error reports are read and considered by our development team, but they will only reply to your report if they need further information.

But sending a ticket to support directly would get a much faster response :)

Thanks
    Rob