Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left Align page

Default Left Align page

I am trying to emulate an existing webpage using Xara WD 10 Premium and cannot figure out how to align the whole website to the left. I tried all the older tweaksets and checking the forums for other options but I could not get a page to align left. In my experience on this forum, I will not be surprised to see an answer very quickly!

Default Re: Left Align page

I'm not sure what the answer is. I know that by default all pages are centered.

I did a Google search on Left Align Page and here are the results. Maybe there is some help in these links.

Thanks again GW, but I have already looked beyond Xara for an answer, as this forum keeps pointing to the tweakset or a code snippet that only works with older versions of Xara. I also had to trawl through too many posts criticizing the the whole idea of left (or right) justifying, when all we really need is a technical answer if anyone should know it. I simply need it to emulate an existing site that I have no control over. This forum is a fabulous resource.

OK. Got it. When Acorn swings through he should be able to give you the answer.

Andy, I've not had the opportunity to look at this.
    Clearly, there have been changes to the Xara coding for Variants and Supersites so a tweak that covers these and earlier formats may take a bit of time.
    To raise the game, I suggest you raise it in the Dear Xara... forum as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'll move the thread to Dear Xara. It would be useful to have a Left Align page option.

Adding this as a Placeholder might work:

Code:
    <style>
    html {
        position: absolute;
        left: 0px;
    }
    </style>
    Seems OK for Supersites.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I tried this one, and it stays centered. However, i notice if I refresh the page, it jumps to the left very quickly and immediately comes back center again...? See here> http://www.britresource.com/cbc.htm
    Also, if you click any of the links, it takes you to the genuine page and you can see how they care left aligned.
    ( Do not look too closely at my mimicking the site, it is for a christmas special video just for a few days for the staff)

Info Re: Left Align page

This works as it overwrites the in-line settings: jQuery Align Page Left.web.

The two Placeholders just need to copied to your Site design.

Acorn

Hi Acorn, despite all your efforts, which are much appreciated for something seemingly unimportant, this still does not work. I added the two placeholders and uploaded the pages and still no left align. I did notice that the sample .web webpage did not align left before I used it in any way. Should I be ADDING these jQuery placeholders to some other option or just use them stand-alone?
    Many thanks for your patience!