Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Still life.

More Cinema 4d [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cupspoon_copy.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	15787  

More Cinema 4d [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Moralis--

I can see that this is your first post by your personal record on applying to become a member. You're off to a bad start, fellow. We strive for constructive criticism on this forum. Didn't your mom ever tell you that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything?

Stu is an ambitious, productive member of this group. If you want to help him, don't write useless criticsms in public, but instead write him a private email. BTW, I notice that you did not offer your email address when you became a member.

We've had two trolls on this forum in two months, and if you want to be the third, as moderator I will delete your messages and block you from this site.

Or perhaps you'd like your next message to be constructive, enlightening, or otherwise useful to the entire forum, and not just picking on Stu.

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChipHead.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	3726  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Moralis that isnt the same cup from the kitchen scene,but it is the same color as the cup from the kitchen scene.

And ya the tap is from Maxon.....isnt that what tutorials are for?

Quote ....
    Is that all you are able to create until now??
    One plane, few nurb tools, splines, textures, lights and that's it?.....NAME ONE 3d scene that doesnt have those elements in it,one?

Now you get to SHUTUP or show us your work,and I cant wait too see it .

Stu.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Moralis,

that's all I can say to what you've done. Do you think we need a 'morale watchdog' in this forum? You've picked an unusual alias for this forum and I could swear you wouldn't even be able to tell us where the stem of this word is coming from, unless you should have studied medicine, biology or languages.

Before you put yourself into the top creative position, pls be so kind and show us some of your 'creative work' - I can't wait to tear it apart.

At least I **know** I can't even come close what Stu is doing with his sci-fi scenes, because my strength is in a totally different area. I wish I had the fantasy to develop star ships like our friend Stu, but in that area I am totally deaf, dumb and blind. However, this doesn't mean that I would tear apart anything from Stu or measure it against my own, personal knowlegde and experience.

In addition I can see that you have a rather 'untrained' eye for details: the cup in this thread is a different one than in the kitchen sink scene. So I really doubt you have detailed experience or a well trained eye and senses for 3D design - unless you will actually SHOW us what you've done.

I'll invite you to pick on me if you have the courage, the guts. If you will dare to be nailed to a wall, I'll encourage you. You are very welcome. And if you don't dare it, I'll ask you to move your butt out of this forum, because we really don't need any braindead stinkers and 'I-know-everyting-better' suckers here.

I'm ready to compete!

And this one is for Stu:

Stu, it's a very good start. Believe me, I **know** how hard it is to model silverware, because just recently I've had to develop a spoon series for a new product line. Holy Lord, I cracked my fingers on that one, and I know it's hard to do it with Cinema **if** you have to supply a CAD drawing for the manufacturer later. Or if it should look realistic, that means fit into the scene matching the proportions. To be honest, I wouldn't have been able to model the spoon with Cinema, so I turned to Rhino <sigh> and developed several shapes. But before doing this, I visited the manufacturer and asked him to explain the basics of the production process for silverware - just to learn that this area is one of the hardest to accomplish.

You have done a great job with the modeling, so don't let yourself turned down by a nobrainer here.

And you new space ship: seems you are on the way to some sci-fi studio! I wonder how you generate the ideas for it, because there is nothing on earth that you can take as a sample... OK, watching some TV movies is one thing, but modeling your own objects is another world.

BTW, I have tons of great basic textures - if you should be in need for some (granite, tiles, wood for tables, floors etc), let me know, and I will send them!

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Once again: untill "cares not to come up any higher but rather gets you down in the hole that he's in"'s either have the decency to post their e-mail adresses or see their posts deleted, let us just ignore them.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

As I can know the ip number of everyone who contacts me, so it must be possible for TG too to know the numbers of the visitors. Two little clicks, and: goodbye you creep.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Moralis mail...bye-bye.

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Thanks guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

jens I have since fixed that spoon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] .Here is how I made it,I took a sphere cut into a third,then I copied it and reduced its size to about the inner ridge size of a spoon,I then put both in a null and scaled in one side until I had a spoon shape.You then weld all the points around the top for the ridge,and you can also lift the rings of points one at a time and scale them out equally until you get the depth etc you are looking for.I then extruded some polys at the rear of the spoon and angled the second extrusion for the handle bend,and just kept on extruding voila handle,and spoon.

Cheers

Stu.

stop replying to a troll.

John Philips

Let me guess you are angry because your boyfriend ran off with your Poodle.

Oh Troll,youre busted I know you are someone who knew most of the people here before you even started posting as Phillips or Moralis [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]