Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Losing Text Links

Links in Text Boxes can be lost (changed to an image?) depending on the positioning of other objects.

The blank space of other text boxes can do this. This can be easily sorted by reducing the size of the other text box. Or making sure the text bow with links is 'above' offending objects.

However to wrap around an image, a text object has to be 'below' an image. This is fine unless the text has links. In my site, text links are lost in text boxes that wrap around images.

Is there a work around?

Thanks.

Default Re: Losing Text Links

You have described your situation very well.
    The easiest thing would be to provide a link to your site so we can offer specific advice.

If I had such a problem, I would probably add a 99% transparent box with the same link and place that over the area where the linked text was.

A view into what you are experiencing may allow a better solution.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

In the bottom right of the page the underlined Post 139 does not work because the image the text wraps around the image to its left.

http://www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost141.htm

The other two links in text boxes do work - after I pulled up the text handles of the title above them (from being over them).

How would a 99% transparency duplicate retain the wrap around feature? Or are you suggesting an overlay of just the words that form the link?

An overlay, until you advise back a bit more on your predicament.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I sent a reply with a link to my site. The screen said it would be checked by a moderator first before posting.

Michael (I assume), yes, I just found the link and approved it.

The problem lies with your grouping the two bottom right images together.
    Ungroup and the link will become active.

I didn't particularly like you stopping all right clicks.
    It only took a few seconds to bypass it, so why bother?

Acorn

Thanks for your help, Acorn. The image isn't two images grouped. It's just one png image with transparency that looks like two images. The same thing occurs in post 143 where one png with transparency stops the links being active.

So I'm guessing Xara Web Design can't handle text links under transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingDance View Post
    So I'm guessing Xara Web Design can't handle text links under transparency.
    No, HTML cannot.
    You can probably manage it by applying a CSS z-index effect to put the text in front of the images.

Personally, I would spit the images.
    Acorn