Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I CAN CREATE A FOLDER WITH FONTS ?

I want create a folder with fonts , creating a new type of font .
    Example:
    in the xara i have fonts separate by types, used font (to font used in project) web safe fonts , google fonts and all fonts.
    i want create a foldeR with fonts i choose, like a logo fonts, typography fonts .
    I wait the help and tnx for the attention.
    Last edited by ermb777; 14 November 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Default Re: I CAN CREATE A FOLDER WITH FONTS ?

I've really no idea. Not that into fonts

One solution though would be to create a Xara file which contained the fonts that you particularly like, say a file called My-Favourite-Script-Fonts and another called My-Favourite-Logo-Fonts. Each of these files would include copies of the fonts you want to use again possibly in the future. You could then open up the file from say the desktop link to the file, or a folder called MyFonts, select the required font, copy and go to your working Xara file, select the text and go Paste Attributes (Ctrl+Shift+A)

I attach a png as an example rather than as a .xar file as your machine may not have these fonts installed. Not a problem on your local machine of coures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	favourite-fonts.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	104718  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Clever idea Egg but i think he wanta to add a folder in his fonts gallery. I could be wrong though.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, I realised that Larry, that's why I said I had no idea and offered an alternative but not better solution
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ermb777 I messed around with this hoping I might stumble on a solution but sadly I didn't. Egg is correct as always. So I guess the answer to your question is no.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    ermb777 I messed around with this hoping I might stumble on a solution but sadly I didn't. Egg is correct as always. So I guess the answer to your question is no.
    another tool xara must have , because is a excelent tool to designer separate your fonts .

I have made myself a list of fonts I like best and printed it, it lives next to my computer ;-)

Every font name is listed in it's own font and saved as a .xar file, so If I really want to and am too lazy to scroll through the lengthy list of fonts I don't use (and can't uninstall), I open the font list file in Xara, look for the font I want to use and with the Text tool active, highlight it, then Shift+Ctrl+A to paste the attributes to the text in my document.
    But having the printed list is just as easy and likely quicker to select a font :-)

Not quite what you are asking for, but it works for me.

Grenou

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font-listing.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	104750