Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Creating Popups

Default Creating Popups

I am creating an FAQ page where the questions will run down the left column and the answers will appear on the right column. I want to confirm that for each answer that I create, I need to contain this in its own popup layer. My first instinct was to place all answers in the same popup layer for easy organization, but it seems from the linking tools that I can link text to a layer but not to a specific object on a layer. This would suggest that I need a layer for each answer in my FAQ.

Do I have that right?

Info Re: Creating Popups

Rick, you can Soft Group each Q with its A and just use MouseOff and MouseOver layers.

As always, there is a trick: the pair of soft-grouped objects must have an overlap.
    I added a grouped transparent box to fade out the question.

A quick example: Q&As.xar, which prevents the answer being easily copied.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Creating Popups

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Rick, you can Soft Group each Q with its A and just use MouseOff and MouseOver layers.

As always, there is a trick: the pair of soft-grouped objects must have an overlap.
    I added a grouped transparent box to fade out the question.

A quick example: Q&As.xar, which prevents the answer being easily copied.

Acorn
    I think I'd rather do them as standard popups -- I am just seeking ton confirm the accuracy of my understanding: that popup data must be contained within its own layer.

Confirmed.

At least you have two methods to play with.

A third would be to use a CSS3 :hover pseudo class and only one Layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat