Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: login denied

Default login denied

I'm trying to publish my website. I'm getting a "Login denied" error message from both the Xara MAGIX server and my own Web host. Anybody have an idea why I would be denied or what the error message means? Thanks.

Default Re: login denied

Hi Tom

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Check your settings and make sure you have the correct password. And check your other settings: FTP Host address, user name, and sub-folder (if your web host requires it).

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Tom

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Check your settings and make sure you have the correct password. And check your other settings: FTP Host address, user name, and sub-folder (if your web host requires it).
    Thanks, I've tried all these things. I did manage to publish to Magix, which did not give me a WYSIWYG reproduction of my website. When I went back into my Web Designer MX program to correct the mistake, my website fell apart. I've tried to publish several times, and now, all I get when I try to publish is a MAGIX splash page that says "A new website is under construction here." I think I have a problem with exporting. I don't understand where I'm supposed to export to. I'm a tech writer and I know to RTFM. The effing manual is obtuse.

See if this page helps http://www.magix-online.com/uk/help-...ites.3098.html

I do not use Magix for my ISP but this seems to explain how to publish from WD to Magix.

Sorry to hear you're having problems Tom. Could you possibly attach your .xar / .web file so we can try posting it to a test server, to ensure it's not a Xara issue, more an FTP problem?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

After much trial and error, I got it uploaded on the MAGIX site. I haven't been able to figure out why I can't publish it to my own webhost. I resorted to uploading the site through another FTP program. It worked fine, until I tweaked my photo gallery page. The gallery page totally fell apart -- and I can't fix it. www.vfr.net/~tdurkin I can't figure out how to attach the .web file. It won't drag into the attachment box, but I did upload it. I'll call my webhost to see if there's a problem on their end.

Still getting a mysterious Login denied message when I try to post to my current webhost. I can't tell if Xara is denying me or my webhost. I know I have the right ftp address and subfolder, username and my password, because I can access my site through a standalone FTP program. I'm using this as a workaround, but I'd rather be using Web Designer's coherent publish program. It's part of why I bought the program. I talked to my webhost and they don't seem to understand why I should be having a problem.
    Any suggestions?

Check with your web host. I do not think this is a Xara problem. But you may need to connect Passive and I don't think Xara does this? I might be wrong. But ask your web host. They may be able to check their logs and see what the problems are.

As to uploading your file, click Go Advanced then scroll down to Manage Attachments. Click Browse to locate your file. WEB files need to be under 10MB.

This is probably not the best idea because the only way we could test the file is to log onto your web host.

You should file a support request with Xara http://support.xara.com

Unless otherwise set in the registry, Xara connects passively first and if that fails tries active.

As Gary suggested, "Login Denied" isn't a message from Xara, it's the message passed back from the server when attempting to connect using the FTP address and credentials supplied. First thing to do is double check that.

With Magix however they have a separate login dialogue in Web Properties > Publish > Magix Online World so if you can log into that then it should publish fine.