Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Animate line drawing?

Here's another example of Acorns technique. A bit heavy on graphics but easy to make.

CLICK HERE
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's another example of Acorns technique. A bit heavy on graphics but easy to make.

CLICK HERE
    Egg, I am honoured for your creation of my own animated Avatar.

I'll come to you for advice in future.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No Feklee, for the line animation I wanted to smooth out Acorns example (no criticism, I just thought the example "jaggy" and wanted to see if it could be smoothed).

I created a very short line (rounded ends and fairly large line width). Cloned, moved and applied a blend. Next created another curvy line. Selected both & fitted blend to curve.

Arrange/Convert to editable shapes/Ungroup. Deleted the blend curve. With all still selected, as per Acorns instructions, named them all htmlclass=animate.

This gave a very smooth animation. The donkey one was done in exactly the same manner but it just auto animated unlike Acorns version that required a button press.

Perhaps Acorn could expand on this?

I must admit it's fun to play around with but unfortunately my brain won't remember how I did it myself tomorrow!
    To alter the code to autorun (and remove the button trigger), use:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[$(document).ready(function(){

$('.animate').hide();

//$("#button").click(function(){

var drawingRate = 20;
    var renderTime = 10;

$('.animate').hide();
    $('.animate').each(function(index) {
      $(this).attr('id','step-'+index);
    });

$('.animate').each(function(index) {
      setTimeout(function () {
        $("#step-"+index).fadeIn(renderTime);
    }, drawingRate*index);
    });

//});
    });
    // ]]>
    </script>
    I have simply remmed (commented) out the button trigger wrapper.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers Acorn. Instead of a blend I used a brush in this one & converted the line to shape / ungrouped amd named all the shapes htmlclass=animate as per your instructions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cheers Acorn. Instead of a blend I used a brush in this one & converted the line to shape / ungrouped amd named all the shapes htmlclass=animate as per your instructions.
    Egg, your use of brushes for us with XDP is a perfect complement to the method.
    Thank you for uncovering it.

Acorn