Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Question AUTOCAD DWG VIEWER ERROR

I have several drawings that were created in autocad 2010. However now

I am using 2012, and the files will not open, and I get a message from

autocad indicating that I need the DWG viewer to open the file. I

downloaded the application, and installed it from the autocad website,

but when I execute it, I get the attached error. Does anyone know if

the view works with Win 7? Or a way to open and print my drawings?
    IP

Default Re: AUTOCAD DWG VIEWER ERROR

Have you tried the "insert" command on the command line. I would do this on a clean file on opening. I am sorry it's years ago since I have used autocad professionally but it should work. Also like most drawing programme with auto save it will have a backup file location and you can use windows search to find it in start just type in "%tmp%" if the file came from your computer. In the same vain autocad had a recovery manager when I was using it in 2007 why not use that to see if it works that is if the file got corrupted. Hope that helps.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Default Re: AUTOCAD DWG VIEWER ERROR

Just did a google search to see if the info I gave you was correct and they have an online viewer which would negate any windows problems and it can be done from here: https://360.autodesk.com/viewer
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Question unable to open autocad .dwg file

I can not open drawing I have message on screen INTERNAL ERROR: !dbqspace.h@410:eUnknownHandle how do I solve this problem
    IP

Default Re: unable to open autocad .dwg file

Welcome to TalkGraphics

What application are you using to try to open this file?

You might find some answers here https://duckduckgo.com/?q=INTERNAL+E...nHandle&t=ffsb
    IP

Question Re: unable to open autocad .dwg file

First, open a blank DWG and run the RECOVER command. You can then browse to the problematic file, and AutoCAD will attempt to repair any errors it finds. Save the file, and then see if everything works as you expect it to. If not, you may apply (link removed by moderator) DWG Repair Toolbox or continue on to the steps below:
    1) Open the problematic file and make sure all layers are on and thawed.
    2) Detach any XREF's.
    3) Type in -PURGE at the command line (remember to enter the dash before the command). Type R for RegApps. Delete all RegApps in the file. It is not necessary to do them one by one because sometimes there can be thousands and it would take a very long time.
    4) Type AUDIT, and select Y for yes to audit the file of any errors.
    5) Type PURGE and purge the file of anything that can be purged.
    6) Using the WBLOCK command, block out all the information in the file to create a new drawing. Select the objects by windowing them; do not just type ALL.
    7) Open a blank DWG. Do not use any templates. (Set the STARTUP variable to 0, and then open a file if you are unsure if you are using templates)
    8) Using the INSERT command, insert the file created in step 6.
    9) EXPLODE the newly inserted information so it is not a block any longer.
    10) Test to see if the file now works correctly. If it does, you can start to add in the Xref's again one by one. Test the file after each insertion. If the problem returns after inserting an Xref, you'll know that that file needs to be cleaned using these steps as well.
    As a final note, I highly recommend running the AUDIT and PURGE commands before each save. This will keep the file clean and greatly reduce the chance of any corruption setting in. You too can have clean files by following these steps!
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 25 June 2015 at 02:49 PM.
    IP

Default Issue with dwg files

Hello experts,
    I have a dwg file that is corrupted or encrypted and I need to fix it.
    Is there any tool I can use to check the integrity of the dwg files.
    IP

Default Re: Issue with dwg files

Refer to the following thread for some possible solutions.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...iles-Corrupted
    IP

Maybe a quick check suggested by the principal themselves with various steps
    http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...orruption.html
    Otherwise, try using DWG Recovery Toolbox s/w just to make the file legitimacy for recovery chances of prev copies. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/dwg_recovery.html
    Hopefully from Autocad autosave by default, it should have saved dwg file automatically with ac$ as default extension, and if we can just find the *.ac$ file and change ac$ to dwg. There may be slight chance. The AutoCAD's autosave file is saved in this folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\appdata\local\temp\. typically.

Look at it this resource. Perhaps you will find there more useful information.
    http://www.instructables.com/answers...tInvalid-File/
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 12 November 2015 at 10:35 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Issue with dwg files

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!
    IP