Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Home page of mobile website is not white

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Hi, i've had a very quick look at this.

Notice that in the mobile variant, on the first page, you have set the mouseoff layer to be a background layer. Select the layer from the Page and layer Gallery and go to properties and ensure its not set as a background layer and this should resolve the problem.

I also see you have multiple mouseoff and mouseover layers which are probably not required so ill look at the file again shortly.

That did the trick -- thanks BB2 (and Gary)! I would like to clean up the extraneous mouseoff and over layers, but I get scary messages about deleting them. What would be helpful is if objects on those layers could be renamed, so I don't have five "repeating groups" all claiming to be critically important but none revealing what they actually are.

Is there a way to do that?

I can not even begin to imagine how you did this.

Personally I would start over. You should only have one MouseOff and one MouseOver layer. The only time to have multiple mouseover layers is if you are building a custom drop down menu.

You can have multiple pop-up layers and these can be called anything you like, except MouseOff and MouseOver. And you can use a Mouse-over link (Website Properties > Mouse-over to make the pop-up layer appear when the visitor mouses over the trigger. Is this what you are trying to do?

I suspect that this is what is causing this confusion. It is confusing for sure to have two functions with the same name but that are very different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I can not even begin to imagine how you did this.
    Hey, I can fumble with the best of them. It probably happened from trying to do something, thinking that I hadn't done it, trying it again, only to then discover that I had done it the first time, and now I have two. Stuff like that.

In cleaning this up, the best would be if I could rename objects to something more descriptive than "repeating group." Can this be done?

I don't think you can rename a repeating group.

Hi Rick,

I suspect you've been selecting/copying items on layer MouseOff and pasting them into another xar file (or perhaps even the variant page) then copying & pasting them back to the original file. Each time this is done, as the original already has a layer named MouseOff, it renames the new imported layer MouseOff(2). This is probably how you ended up with MouseOff(5) for example.

Keep your eye on the Layers Gallery when creating your site to ensure you're not repeating the process in the future. You should only need a MouseOver, MouseOff, Page background and Pasteboard background layer. Apart from the MouseOver buttons all other elements can normally be placed in the MouseOff layer.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I never have understood the difference in the layers options but one of these is probably the reason for all the duplicate layers. (I'm a lot of help )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	104609  

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Rick,

I suspect you've been selecting/copying items on layer MouseOff and pasting them into another xar file (or perhaps even the variant page) then copying & pasting them back to the original file. Each time this is done, as the original already has a layer named MouseOff, it renames the new imported layer MouseOff(2). This is probably how you ended up with MouseOff(5) for example.

Keep your eye on the Layers Gallery when creating your site to ensure you're not repeating the process in the future. You should only need a MouseOver, MouseOff, Page background and Pasteboard background layer. Apart from the MouseOver buttons all other elements can normally be placed in the MouseOff layer.
    That sounds exactly like what I did, given that I began with a template and never even knew about the layers. I have cleaned everything up, moved all normal content to one MouseOff layer, and now have a much clearer picture of the content structure within the .web file. What do you suppose the "shadow group" is that lives on Page background layer? My page background is white.

If you unlock the page background layer, and click on the page to select it, you can turn the page shadow on and off. If you do this, remember to lock the layer when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If you unlock the page background layer, and click on the page to select it, you can turn the page shadow on and off. If you do this, remember to lock the layer when you are done.
    Is that simply a visual aid? So it shows up better when working within the product? Or is it an actual element of the visible page when seen in a browser?

If you drag and drop a color on to the page, the shadow is automatically added and will appear in the browser. But as stated, you can remove the shadow.