Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supersite problem

Hi guys(and Gals), I have produced a supersite to attach to a sub site of an existing one. All ran ok in design and everything worked as I wanted. Uploaded the web site with links and the sub site I added. Link from site takes ne to the sub site but none of the nav bars work

What have I missed?

www,cradleyparishcouncil.org.uk is the main web page link and the link to th sub site is from the wjte/yellow nav bar at the bottom to planning this month

Help I can't for the life of me work out what's wrong

Ken
    Last edited by mentorman; 11 November 2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: incorrect url

Default Re: Supersite problem

Hi Ken, I'm going to be very rude here, which I normally try to avoid. Could I suggest that the website you're creating is to supply visitors of Cradley with information regarding parish council decisions.

Does it really need to rotate the page through 180 degrees? Just because you can do it doesn't mean you have to do it. It then serves up a page that has no relation to the one that went before. Having done so, the visitor then clicks on a button to be served up a pdf file. In my opinion this isn't very consistant.

I hope I haven't offended you but I probably have as all website creations are the creators babies so to speak.

Link from site takes ne to the sub site but none of the nav bars work
    If they don't work it's hard to say why without the xar / web file
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No offence taken at all as I always take such things as constructive rather than rude. I am too long in the tooth to think I know it all. This section is purposely different from the main site as it is a solution to councillors having to have information at hand for monthly planning meetings. The transition is not important and just a try of the transitions available. Will post the file later today for examination if you can help. As usual the small niggles are always the ones that cause the frustrations. The thing works great when run directly from the browser but refuses to run from the link. Though saying that it worked when it first opened but after the first menu selection the drop downs etc refused to work(just showing a shudder on mouse over)

Cheers

Ken

Egg here is the web file Unfortunately it is rather large as the drawings are all taken from pdf's as png pictures. Need to reduce at a later date without compromising viewability on a projected screen
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi again Ken,

Is this the problem you're experiencing? I can see it some times at others the button dropdowns work as expected. Very strange.

Watch in HD
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Try setting the menu to Horizontal and see if this makes a difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cradley.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	104681  
    Egg

Exactly what I have experienced. It seems to have a mind of its own. You will notice the second level drop downs when they do appear cannot be selected as they disappear as soon as you drag the mouse down to them.

Bug in the menus? XARA

Had a similar problem in WD7 where second level menus refused to do anything but go to the left and down(not right as set)

Will change to a horizontal menu as suggested but would prefer the vertical

Thanks for your time , glad to see it isn't me going crazy

Ken

No problem Ken, in fact it took me a while to notice it, as on quite a few occasions they worked as expected. Could I suggest you send a link to Xara support as this is a very strange fault, mainly the button juddering but also the inconsistant drop down menu functioning.

On a final point I did notice that on my Desktop on looking at your webpage in Firebug it was referencing a high def image for the mouse over element. I don't know if it should be doing this on a PC?
    Egg

Hi Egg, I inserted a new menu form the design gallery onto the page and set up the links and initially it worked ok but it then stopped and wierdly displayed a red band at the top of the menu and also only allowed selection of half the second level menus.

It would suggest to me something wrong in the supersite working and as you say a xara support course of action.

Regards

Ken

Hi again Ken. Here's one with your buttons set horizontally. It doesn't judder and all the drop-down menus seem to work fine. It may be a supersite bug on vertical menus.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg