Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question EPS from Fotolia doesn't import correctly

When I bought the Designer Pro X10 upgrade, I got a promo code for Fotolia. Now, I bought a vector graphics image:

30 seconds stop watch (#48959774)

My plan to replace the clock-face came to an end quickly. When I load the EPS into Xara, the result doesn't look as advertised:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	104565

What to do?

Default Re: EPS from Fotolia doesn't import correctly

I'm not gonna purchase the EPS or AI file to check it out. Making a guess, it looks like XDP is rasterizing the content on the left due to the transparency in that quadrant.

If you have Acrobat (or illustrator), convert it to PDF retaining the transparency (so use PDF/X-4 or the highest PDF compatibility possible), and try to import that.

If you don't have either of those applications, PM me with a download link on dropbox.com or wikisend.com and I'll convert it for you.

Mike

Does the imported file have layers containing the bits you can't see? Maybe you just need to make those layers visible?

Phil

All layers are visible. I'm now downloading the latest Illustrator trial which should allow me to convert the image to PDF.

It's a pity that Adobe doesn't offer rental of their software per hour. Other than for an occasional conversion, I don't need it.

AI took forever to download and install, but now it works, and the conversion to PDF did the trick.

The project is a flyer for finding tandem partners for practicing Spanish:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flyer.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	104572

If I really gonna pin that up, I don't know, but designing it is a fun exercise.
    Last edited by feklee; 05 November 2014 at 12:04 AM.