Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile and desktop site, seperate web addresses?

1.) If I build a condensed Supersite for mobile and regular site for desktop will I need two web addresses?

2.) Could the two be linked together or the mobile as a sub-site?

3.) Could I use WB10 for the mobile and another program for the full site?

Thanks a lot!
    Donald

Default Re: Mobile and desktop site, seperate web addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald33 View Post
    1.) If I build a condensed Supersite for mobile and regular site for desktop will I need two web addresses?

2.) Could the two be linked together or the mobile as a sub-site?

3.) Could I use WB10 for the mobile and another program for the full site?

Thanks a lot!
    Donald
    Donald, try it.

1. A Supersite is one large file to speed up navigation and transitions. A mobile/main site is one large file that switch seamlessly as the viewport size changes or it identified as a trigger. Combining both should therefore still be one large(r) file - with one address.
    2. No need.
    3. No - both others could prove otherwise. I wouldn't bother other than using XDP over XWD.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok, three strikes I'm out. One more at bat please.

My sites are mostly info/text and could over a period of time have a lot of pages with some images.

I thought a Supersite containing current and the most recent info and messages would be good for mobile to scroll through. Of course that section could be done with variants for any device as you stated. The old stuff/archives section could be done without variants as I'm not too concerned about it being responsive. Just so it's available and easy to find.

I asked about using another program with XWD because of no site/page manager and the site may grow to 200 or 300+ pages. Looked at my host and having a sub-sites must be fairly common.

Thanks Acorn
    Regards - Donald

If you are going to have 200-300 pages I would say forget about using a supersite. Just use a traditional site with a mobile variant if you need to. For a site with that many pages it might be better to use a cms to manage it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.