Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Need Help Cleaning Up Edges

I'm having difficulties figuring out how to make this logo have clean edges, and not look pixelated at large sizes....Its a font from dafonts that I customized and I thought was the type of file that is not suppose to distort, but I'm not happy with how it looks.

I'm sure it's a simple procedure, I'm just a noob!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dasfnfemny...er.psd.ai?dl=0

thanks
    IP

Default Re: Need Help Cleaning Up Edges

For your background, delete the black bitmap and draw the path (a square rectangle) in AI.

I have no idea what all the little paths are for, so if you don't need them, delete them via the layers panel.

You had a linked image, a GIF, in the lower right corner. No idea what it is as it was not embedded and you didn't provide it.

What is the goal for this drawing? The actual lettering (the word choice) is outlined and will scale without degradation. So is the problem with the GIF at the bottom right?

Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    For your background, delete the black bitmap and draw the path (a square rectangle) in AI.

I have no idea what all the little paths are for, so if you don't need them, delete them via the layers panel.

You had a linked image, a GIF, in the lower right corner. No idea what it is as it was not embedded and you didn't provide it.

What is the goal for this drawing? The actual lettering (the word choice) is outlined and will scale without degradation. So is the problem with the GIF at the bottom right?

Mike
    "Choice" is an artist name and that is the logo. This specific file is for a 18'' x 24'' poster, and the gif at the bottom is to direct the audience to soundcloud. The little paths, and all the other unexplained stuff is result of blindly following youtube videos lol so what file format should i use for instead of the GIF to make sure that also scales without degradation? How do I delete the blackbitmap and draw the path?
    IP

Yes, delete the black rectangle. Draw it in AI.

As for the GIF, it, being a bitmap, will never look good above the 100% of its native size.

If you upload the GIF, it would help advise.
    IP

Don't know what you really want to do here! You have a file with the word "Choice" that you can easily make any size you want and you have a bitmap of a sliced "cloud shape". Well all you have to do is draw it, it is 4 ellipses of varying sizes ---> using the Pathfinder with all circle selected Add the shapes to form one, ---> then with the Pen Tool and Delete Anchor Points at bottom to form straight base, ---> then draw vertical line and duplicate it 8 times by holding down Shift+Alt and clicking. ---> select all lines and expand, ---> various ways to do next stage easiest is to use Pathfinder again this time hit the Minus at the same time hold the Alt key down with the cloud and lines selected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Ah, yes, the SoundCloud logo...

It is available as an SVG via wikipedia. It has an orange gradient, which for the attached file I made white.

I also added a bleed amount as the background bleeds. If you are going to do this kind of work, you need to understand the printing process that is going to be used, the size needed, and like this job, if the background is going to extend off the page, you need to add the proper amount of bleed and make the rectangle (in this case) extend to the bleed guides.

For the proper amount of bleed, though, you need to talk with whomever is printing it.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP