Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default $13m lawsuit proves Red Bull doesn't give you wings

Unbelievable, but it seems to be true.

Click HERE to read the full article.

It is hard to imagine that anyone who saw Red Bull's advertising slogan would actually believe the caffeinated soft drink "gives you wings", but in litigation-hungry America the claim has been officially falsified.

Benjamin Careathers, a regular consumer of the fizzy drink, sued the company for false advertising, arguing that after 10 years drinking Red Bull he neither had wings nor any enhanced athletic or intellectual performance.

According to the complainant, the Austria-based firm deliberately misled unsuspecting customers to spend millions of pounds on the premium drink in the hope of gaining an edge on their competitors.
    And fearful of a costly and time-consuming trial, Red Bull was forced to settle the case out of court, pledging to refund $10 to any US customer who bought the drink since 2002 and agreeing to amend future advertising.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: $13m lawsuit proves Red Bull doesn't give you wings

Imaging the lawsuits if it did give you wings!

I've got a Red Bull T-shirt (got it free from a promotion and whatever you do, NEVER mention free stuff and where to me as I've got a reputation.

Judge Judy/Rinder'd have a field day.

I love this story. It shows the power of advertising and false claims made by them. We all know RedBull doesn't give you wings but at the same time millions of people around the world are paying premier prices for what is basically a caffine fix, but believing it's delivering more. I liken it to the fad of drinking 'Spring' water. People in rich western world countries are going into shops and buying bottles of water that are more expensive than the equivalent cost of the same volume of petrol!

Well done to that man who thought of that law suit!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes we all know RedBull doesn't give you wings and I'll bet that guy did too. He was just looking for a quick way to get rich. So I say shame on him.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I doubt he will make any money off it. He was bored and wanted a way to get his name in the paper. I use energy drinks; unfortunately my job requires me to be more animated than my usual self. I buy the cheapest available (currently Monster). It does not give me wings but it does make me talk fast.

I hear if you visit the Red Bull website, and fill out a form that claims you ever drank red bull, the company will send you $10 or a $10 supply of Red Bull - which is a result of this law suit.

Very interesting idea to get consumers filling out a form saying that they have drunk red bull presumably with out any ill effects!!!!

What do they normally pay for personal information? $10 might actually be cheap for them to get certified info about you ;o)
    be aware, not to become a ware.