Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: font problem

Default font problem

Hi
    Im having trouble displaying La Bamba LET font to display on every page of my website on my ipad and my android phone, for some reason its only will show the font on the front page. any ideas?
    Thanks in advance..

http://www.the-renegade-showmen.co.uk/#xl_xr_page_index

Default Re: font problem

The text on the home page isn't text, it's a photo.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi. Thanks for reply. It is text. Which can be edited, Works fine with internet explorer.

It's a png. See here
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi

I would have to concur with Egg - if I click on the text on any page but the home page I can high lite it, copy it etc - using Firefox or IE.

However if I click on the text on the home page it selects it as a block and right clicking it brings up the image dialogue eg view image, save image etc.

Sorry I am not able to provide the solution but it may be worth having another look at the homepage set up.

Love the site by the way - particularly the page background.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll have a look at the home page again when I get home. Can't work out how I managed that.

If you group text with anything, or even itself, it no longer renders as text but as a bitmap. Of course the biggest problem with this is regarding SEO, they don't see any textual content at all just an image url. Just select your text on the home page & select ungroup.

Try selecting your text on each page, set the font to La Bamba LET and the style to Normal text.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If you group text with anything, or even itself, it no longer renders as text but as a bitmap. Of course the biggest problem with this is regarding SEO, they don't see any textual content at all just an image url.
    The text does end up in the Alt detail so SEO does see something.

Also if you rotate text by even one degree, it becomes an image.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers Acorn, your far more knowlegeable than me on these matters but I do question how many words do SE's see but not use in the Alt tag.

Here it suggests that:
    1. Google seemed to count the first 16 words in the ALT tag (well.. the Alt tag is an HTML Attribute) – of the image on this page – in this instance and interestingly in the snippet Google uses it does seem to completely cut of the rest of the ALT
    2. EDIT – that’s 16 words of 7 + 8 characters each…. which might prove useful if you are using ALT tags to describe complex images.
    3. That’s potentially plenty of space to describe images properly for accessibility purposes and seo effectiveness.

So it's not 100% dependable as in the case of leaving the text as html text.

Off topic I know but interesting
    Egg

Egg, which is why I prefer to add CSS3 effects to text blocks as it preserves the textual nature of the content.
    For that reason I prefer to more CSS3 rollover effects for buttons as well.

That said, Xara applications are primarily for non-html solutions.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat