Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text Overflowing onto border

Hi all , I have created a site with XARA 10.
    i have a problem on some pages that the text is overflowing out of my text boxes into the RH Border.
    I have included a file , which clearly shows this.

example.web

Hopefully someone can help and advise of the solution , this doesn't happen on ALL my pages , just some and " to my knowledge" randomly.
    I`m pretty sure its a simple setting to fix , i just don`t know where to start..

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you . . . Ian

Default Re: Text Overflowing onto border

Welcome Ian,

It looks to me like you've been resizing your text blocks with the Selector tool which is what's causing your issues. Xara can resize text in this manner but html cannot. I'll try and get back with some solutions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome Ian,

It looks to me like you've been resizing your text blocks with the Selector tool which is what's causing your issues. Xara can resize text in this manner but html cannot. I'll try and get back with some solutions.
    AAhhh... MMmm Now thats got me thinking. I`m a novice at using Xara , so you could well be right , i am at work at the mo , so will have a check later today.

Thank you for investigating

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome Ian,

Egg .. .
    After your advice i investigated what you said. And i think that is the "root" cause.

I found the solution was to highlite the text with the text tool , and then format it via the "Normal Text" style in the dropdown menu , then re-size to my font size ( 16px ).
    Maybe this is what you were referring to.
    Like i said , i`m a novice at Xara , so i maybe went the long way round there.. But , it`s sorted now. Thank you for the guidance

Ian

Glad you sorted it Ian
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host