Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: do Somebody know how to stylize picture?

Photoshop indeed is not a magic wand but PC is attended to make the life easily and work more productive and quicker.

iamtheblues, I caught your idea although your tutorial shows only simple basic steps but it can be extended. The main problem is what the result will look too synthesize, without a charm of hand-made work. Also, I would like to use Photoshop and I dont want to buy the Xara editor additionally.
    IP

There is a Photoshop filter that simulates wood cuts and steel line engravings. See http://designerstuts.com/2014/05/23/...-in-photoshop/

There was a similar effect in Xara years ago http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest31/index.html
    IP

Personally, I am more a button-pusher.

The below were done using a plug-in. Both images were low res, the Alice drawing from the one tut was a screen-grab. This plug-in is the one from AlphaPlugins Engraver. Depending upon the resolution of the image, the amount of pre-processing required, and perhaps post-processing, the actual settings used will always need to be altered. This plug-in has always been adequate for me.

Oh, and btw, always size the image before you process it. "Engraved" images look even worse than a regular photo resized up or down in size.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-002135.png 
Views:	585 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	104241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alice.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	104242  

IP

Popular image.

Interestingly when I did a search for steel line engraving it showed the Xara Xone Guest Tutorial image at the top of the images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alice.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	104245  
    IP

if you look carefully at Lincoln on a US dollar you see that what is important for a 'hand-made' effect is that the etch lines follow the contours of the face, ie the bone structure

you cannot get that automatically with a computer because that information is not in 2D drawing or photograph, all you have is light and shade

the example Mike posted is a fair example of following the light and shade, but if you want a true 'hand-made' effect it needs to follow the bone structure and you need to tell the computer where that is and that means work

if anyone knows a shortcut I'm all ears...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I'm all ears...
    Does that mean you should change your name to Dumbo? Like you I don't think that can be done at the push of a button and it does take work.
    What does the OP mean by stylize a drawing anyway?
    Wouldn't the best way be to draw it himself? At least that way it would be unique and in his own style. Oh sure that's easy for me to say.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

the voice over my shoulder with the coffee says 'jackass' is more appropriate [does that mean I am more democrat than republican?]

I think the OP thinks photoshop can do the work for you, but there is a lot more than just 'morphing' to this if you want it to look like the real thing
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

The first part is not for me to say or judge.
    The second part I agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

The first part is not for me to say or judge.
    The second part I agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP