Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default do Somebody know how to stylize picture?

Do Somebody know how to stylize a photo like a portrait on dollar paper, like Franklin or Lincoln?

Is it possible to make with standard Photoshop's tools? And how difficult it is?
    IP

Default Re: do Somebody know how to stylize picture?

For quick and easy way. Firstly turn if your work is coloured into a Grayscale. The go to Filter menu down to Filter Gallery --> Sketch --> Graphic Pen. You will need to mess about with the settings to get it right so try changing the Stroke Length ---> Stroke Direction--->Light/Dark Balance.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Thank, Albacore for your reply. But unfortunately, Sketch filter is too far from desirable quality of portraits on dollars. It is quick solution, of course, but is not acceptable for me. Earlier I sew some art-works made with help of Andromeda filter. But as I head this company is out of market and also it was complicated in usage. I was happy if somebody could advise some way hot to draw high-quality engraving in Photoshop. I met a couple tutorials which tell how to obtain similar effect with using a stripped lines over source picture in combination with different blending modes. Even I met a set of actions scripts which can do it. But quality of this approach is poor and it is not enough flexible to make a really beautiful art similar like Lincoln engraving portrait.
    IP

first off - the engraving on a dollar [afaik] is not from a photo - I would imagine it is done from scratch

photo's often have far too much detail to do this well, but you can usually do it more easily from line art see here:

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials...oshop--psd-289
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Very interested tutorial, handrawn. But it is almost hand-made design and it requires many hours of work and strong drawing skill. I interested in some technique what lets to work exactly with photos (maybe pre-processed before) and what can authentic results with minimum spent time.
    IP

Good find Handrawn. I thought that I would have a go at this as it seemed a well thought out tutorial. Ok most of the instructions are there although I am not finished it yet but one simple line in the tut took nearly 2 hrs to do and I am still not finished. If I get the time to finish will post cartoon in this thread.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by maxim255 View Post
    Very interested tutorial, handrawn. But it is almost hand-made design and it requires many hours of work and strong drawing skill. I interested in some technique what lets to work exactly with photos (maybe pre-processed before) and what can authentic results with minimum spent time.

you put in the work you get the result

you don't want to to do this... well sorry, pay someone to do it for you, because photoshop is not a magic wand
    Last edited by handrawn; 10 October 2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: add quote
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    . If I get the time to finish will post cartoon in this thread.
    I'd like to see that - but only if you have time...
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

If you have a vector drawing program (I used Xara Designer Pro) it can be done in a few minutes. Possibly it can be adapted for Photoshop.
    Why not download the free trial and have a go. See attached mini tutorial.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engrave effect.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	104234  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 11 October 2014 at 10:07 AM.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

interesting though that is Bob, it's not an engraving effect, its a wave effect...
    Last edited by handrawn; 11 October 2014 at 11:54 AM.
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP