Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replace photo problem

I'm using Web Designer 9 Premium and I'm having the following problem. On this obituary page http://www.rmhs79.com/memoriam_page_3.htm when I add a new obituary (which will now go in position 3 in top row) I can replace the current photo picture with the new person's photo just fine. However, once I look at the website in the preview button or even go so far as to publish, the flowers for that third position are still there when I use the mouse to hover over it in expanded size. So in other words, the new obit picture in small size stays, but the expanded new picture never appears when you mouse over it. Can you help?

Default Re: Replace photo problem

It might be you need to clear your browser cache on your computer.
    On the page, press Ctrl+F5.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It might be you need to clear your browser cache on your computer.
    On the page, press Ctrl+F5.

Acorn
    Nope, doesn't fix it. I even replaced the entire 9 photo setup and started from scratch. When I do that all three top obit photos stay what was originally there when you hover over it. In this picture I'm hovering my mouse over the new picture in the third spot and I still see the white flowers instead.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowers.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	104169

All I can then think is you have given a Name to the photo and that is linked to the flowers elsewhere on your site.
    Export locally and see if the correct image is present.

In the Bitmap gallery are you definitely seeing the thumbnail and the larger version?

Have you built you page using Layers or a photo gallery widget?

Can you copy the entire page to a new file and upload to here?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ugh, I don't even know what to send or save a single page? If I sent the whole file it's way too large. I've been working on this for 4 hours, so frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    All I can then think is you have given a Name to the photo and that is linked to the flowers elsewhere on your site.
    Export locally and see if the correct image is present.

In the Bitmap gallery are you definitely seeing the thumbnail and the larger version?

Have you built you page using Layers or a photo gallery widget?

Can you copy the entire page to a new file and upload to here?

Acorn

I had this problem before the last time I had to add someone but somehow I figured it out. I also realized I couldn't use web designer 10 which I purchased because it was optimizing the photo and then it wouldn't show the expanded photo. I am noticing my new photo also says "Optimized" in the page and layer gallery but I never chose that option. That's probably what is wrong but I can't upload a non optizised photo to that position for some reason.

Has anyone actually used this successfully? It's called "photographer popup 2" under "photo objects and widgets/photo objects (legacy). I've tried this photo option standalone in both 9 and 10 web designer premium today. When I replace say the first three graphics with my photos, then hit preview, the default photos are the only ones that show when you hover your mouse.
    Last edited by trnhockey; 07 October 2014 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    Has anyone actually used this successfully? It's called "photographer popup 2" under "photo objects and widgets/photo objects (legacy). I've tried this photo option standalone in both 9 and 10 web designer premium today. When I replace say the first three graphics with my photos, then hit preview, the default photos are the only ones that show when you hover your mouse.

Just tried this and it works - sort of.
    When I preview, I see the new pics I imported. I imported portrait format pics, but they came in sideways - I then rotated them 90 deg so that they were the right way up in the thumbnails, but when I previewed the page, when hovering over the new image, the enlarged version was sideways!. I then imported a landscape image which was then cropped to portrait in the frame - when previewing this, the enlarged version is the right way up. Definitely seems to be a glitch here....

I can't replicate having a different thumbnail than the enlarged version.

However I notice that if you drop a new image into a thumbnail with the Mouse Off layer locked, it doesn't drop the new (replacement) photo into the thumbnail you droped it on but into another thumbnail.

Can't say further than this but try ensuring all other layers are locked and ONLY the Mouse Off layer is editable. Drop in a newphoto and it works for me.

Further there's a difference if you drop in a new photo with the Mouse Off layer locked and unlocked. When it's locked you get an additional dialogue window asking whether you want to Add or Replace the image. I suggest if your getting this dialogue you going down the wrong path. Just ensure the Mouse Off layer is editable.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host