Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Design Assistance Please...

Hi,

I created the following page using another program, but it ran out of ideas so I changed to Xara.
    I have a problem in trying to create a 'pop up' video window which you can see by visiting the link: http://www.auf-pet.com/s1e1.html

What I did with the old program was to create a small webpage, the size of the video window, and create an invisible hyperlink linking to that small page, if that makes sense? I can't remember what it was called in the program.

Is it possible for me to create the same 'pop up' window using Web Designer 9 Premium?
    Also can I have an invisible hyperlink or will I have to have to use each individual number/letter as seen on the page?

Thanks, Lee.

Default Re: Design Assistance Please...

Hello Lee

I think you are referring to an iframe. You load a YouTube or other video into the iframe.

When Acorn checks in he can give you more information (or maybe even the correct answer)

Quote Originally Posted by aufpet View Post
    Hi,

I created the following page using another program, but it ran out of ideas so I changed to Xara.
    I have a problem in trying to create a 'pop up' video window which you can see by visiting the link: http://www.auf-pet.com/s1e1.html

What I did with the old program was to create a small webpage, the size of the video window, and create an invisible hyperlink linking to that small page, if that makes sense? I can't remember what it was called in the program.

Is it possible for me to create the same 'pop up' window using Web Designer 9 Premium?
    Also can I have an invisible hyperlink or will I have to have to use each individual number/letter as seen on the page?

Thanks, Lee.
    Lee, I think you are talking about image maps.
    In WD9P, the simpler approach would be to make a small shape and set it to 99% transparency and in Web Properties > Link, select a Pop-up Layer, in which you placed your video (I have only used the YouTube Widget to embed movies).

I would set the Layer Effects to be a slow slide-in transition.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi,

I have tried using the layers, but I find it confusing.
    Is there an online guide for doing so, as I think this is the answer, thank you....

Lee

Last edited by Acorn; 05 October 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thats great, I'm getting my head round it now.
    I have a question which I can't find an answer to.

How can I make the page fade darker when using 'Pop Up Layer' and an image?

My images need to stand out and they aren't at the moment.

Thanks, Lee.

Thats great, I'm getting my head round it now.
    I have a question which I can't find an answer to.

How can I make the page fade darker when using 'Pop Up Layer' and an image?

My images need to stand out and they aren't at the moment.

Thanks, Lee.
    Add a large grey translucent box the size of your page behind your image on the same layer.

Acorn

Ooooh you're good....

Ooooh you're good....
    Lots of practice!
    Acorn