There is already some functionality regarding line shape profiles and pressure sensitivity.

DP would be so much better if they could just add opacity options to drawing with the pen brush. This would enable people who draw and paint to create images using pressure to control value.

The issue is is that DP is limited to creating line art right now. You really can't paint with it in a natural manner.

Opacity controlled by pen pressure would be a big step to making this happen.

Currently by touching a line that you have made, the new line inherits those attributes. If you touch a line that has opacity, the opacity is not carried over unless you manually paste the attribute for it.

In the past I have requested an attribute brush to apply attributes to lines. It's incredibly frustrating to have to have DP be just 'almost there' but just shy of what I want it to do.

MadeWithMischief is a vector program that does have transparency features I'm looking for, but unfortunately it's proprietary and will only export bitmaps.

Adobe Ideas also has this feature, however it's locked down to the iPad.

I keep saying it year after year that if only Xara would pay attention to people who are illustrators, namely people who paint and draw, they could improve their software and increase their sales.

Without knowing the inner workings of the software, I have no idea if what I'm asking for is possible. I suspect that it is since I can achieve what I want in several steps instead of just one.

Tell me if I'm being annoying with this or if I'm just p*ssing against the wind.