Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: September 2014 Video Tutorial -- Xara Photo Compositions Part 2

Whatever was the problem I fixed it and viewed the video.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Whatever was the problem I fixed it and viewed the video.
    Larry you really are a wizard, you did'nt know what the problem was but you fixed it! now that is magic

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Yes Gare I noticed your avatar, and thought of putting glasses on mine just for a joke. I cannot see the video however all I get is a black rectangle, I'll have to see what I did to cause that.
    It depends on your browser, Larry. Or you don't have the bandwidth at the moment because of internet traffic in your neck of the woods.
    I uploaded it as an MP4 to YouTube, but sometimes it creates a FLV (Flash) copy that doesn't embed properly here at tg. It works for my...not that it's a great piece of work!... but here's the direct link the YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5StYVw2hho4

Copy and past into the address line of your browser,

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    It depends on your browser, Larry. Or you don't have the bandwidth at the moment because of internet traffic in your neck of the woods.
    I uploaded it as an MP4 to YouTube, but sometimes it creates a FLV (Flash) copy that doesn't embed properly here at tg. It works for my...not that it's a great piece of work!... but here's the direct link the YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5StYVw2hho4

Copy and past into the address line of your browser,

-g
    *Ignore all of the above. I failed to read page four here before posting. Be kind and reuse the pixels I wasted.

Just still with the example of Theionen's car, trying to reproduce similiar color in Xara I find it rather hard to mix that out only with a Hue slider and Strength

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarHue.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	104296

So okay that the Hue can be changed in general but could be some method maybe how to enter a concrete Hue like a number and doing that precisely?

@ csehz—

Love your Extrude Burger. I never thought of that possibility when I was presented with Dimensions and the Revolve function. Mind you, the output of Dimensions is all vector, but what you did with a dynamic bitmap version of vector shapes is quite....um, tasty!

I'd offer a different approach to changing the hue of the SmartCar or any other object that has a predominant Hue...you might still have to mask off or apply a Slice object to areas you want kept original, but if you use the FX filter under New Color Filer>Hue, you can do this is a fraction of the time you can do the transformation using selective masking and where we've already been in this thread.

Name:	Hue-Live-Effect.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	104297

But if anyone wants a little more info on the Photo Tools>Set Photo Hue, let's see here: the HSB cvolor model is based on Hue, Saturation, and Brightness, right? What's missing from the Set Photo Hue feature is Brightness, and you can make the change of color much more pronounced if you first set the Hue, and the Strength (Saturation), and then use the Photo Tools' Brightness, and especially the Contrast sliders to dial in the values that set the new color to exactly what you want.

My Best,

Gary

Gare thanks for the Hue tip as live effect, by that hopefully reached somewhat closer to the color and to the original atmosphere with Xara ellipses/transparencies

Name:	XSmartCar.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	104299

XSmartCar.xar

Hi csehz, you might also find besides the tips Gary has given, that using the photo saturation and temperature sliders gives some good results. In jpg.2 I used just the photo hue tool, then exported it, then using the same openened image, I applied the sat. and temp. sliders and altered the brightness to get a silver finish in jpg.1 I've got one all black, it looks pretty cool, miniture BMW

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	104301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	104302  

Thanks Stygg, so like a good amateur approach in the graphic cooking added a little bit from each slider yet

Name:	EnhXSmartCar.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	104311

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Thanks Stygg, so like a good amateur approach in the graphic cooking added a little bit from each slider yet

Name:	EnhXSmartCar.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	104311
    Ha ha! love that reply csehz, just like me try it and see what you get Here's that black car or as Robin would have said "Holy smarty-oly Batman"

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	104312