Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: September 2014 Tips and Tricks - Creating illustrations With Only Extrudes

No Gare. what it is is several photo put together. I just thought this would be amusing. i do own one of those rubber chickens however and used to use it quite a bit.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: September 2014 Tips and Tricks - Creating illustrations With Only Extrudes

Larry that photo manipulation looks very good technically. However seeing that poor chicken as content, it makes me definitely to the vegetarian direction

Careful Larry, you'll have the the Animal Rights People on to you Here's my effort, the beef burger looks a little burnt, the tomatoe as changed into a peperroni and the cucumber slice as dried out so all in all, pretty much like the beef burger you get in England Not going to comment on the cheese slice. Could be called still life image but that's what you'd get if you eat it. Best beef burger I ever had was in Glendale Cal. many years ago, I had relatives living there, sadly no longer.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	104320  

Seeing the Hamburger is part of the content, here's a little history of this iconic All American dish or is it ? Perhaps its name is a clue

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beef burger.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	104321  

That history is quite interesting From Hamburg steak, never heard about it

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    That history is quite interesting From Hamburg steak, never heard about it
    Just goes to show csehz that the XaraXone is the place to learn lots of things

Stygg

Let a born-American butt into this discussion for a moment. America is like Microsoft; we embrace and adapt. We're not parasites (yet), but the American Culture is such a mash-up of world cultures it's hard to tell where originality begins and adaptation ends.

I was on holiday in London (Russell Square) in the mid-1970s and tried out "American Style Pizza" while there. Okay, the Italian version of pizza is very soupy, and spiced very differently than American pizza. The "definitive American Pizza" is made in New York City by Greeks, no kidding. I think tankers pull up to each parlor with olive oil on Wednesdays! Um, the British "American Pizza" I tried was not authentic, sorry!

Similarly, the All-American Hamburger is, like most things American, overdone. I don't mean cooked too much, I mean we've turned the damned thing into a superlative: two all-beef patties, lettuce, cheese, onions, secret sauce on a sesame seed bun.

Give me a backyard grill and some smoked wood, and some (what we call) ground beef any day in the spring, summer, or autumn!

Do I win the prize today for most off-topic post? At least on the XaraXone area, where I can give myself infractions?

Banning myself for a while,

-g

"Give me a backyard grill and some smoked wood, and some (what we call) ground beef any day in the spring, summer, or autumn!"

I'm all for the above Gary but no Greek pizza just one that's quite popular in G.B. and sticking with the German theme, Dr. Oetker's Ristorante Pizza. I'll ban myself also, well until you have posted Nov. tut.

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    So you want a chicken burger huh Rik. OK here ya go. I used cshez's hamburger and altered it some. Hope you don't mind cshez. Almost the entire thing is photo manipulation well not all.

Attachment 104317
    Thanks, Larry.
    Though, I'm not sure I would have thought of doing that.
    And, I might bet a lot of money, that you (and I mean you) would not eat this burger?!

Very well put together, though.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Thanks, Larry-you (and I mean you) would not eat this burger?!

Very well put together, though.
    Rik, it's not a burger. It's now a chicken sandwich, marginally better-looking than Burger King's Chicken Sandwich Classic. In this sense, does "classic" mean that Beethoven used to eat it?

-g
    Last edited by Gare; 18 October 2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Potential obscenity removed