Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: September 2014 Guest Tute - Creating illustrations With Only Extrudes

Jeez, Rik, I love it. I would not have gone to such lengths to make such a complicated reflection, but then again, I'm not you!

Lucky you!

The thing really lives and breaths now!

-g

Default Re: September 2014 Guest Tute - Creating illustrations With Only Extrudes

This isn't any attempt to do "lifelike", but I was pleased to be able to illustrate 90% of this scene with only extrudes. The rest is either purely hand illustrated, or I used Expressions for the smoke.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	train.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	104249

-g

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Gare thanks for the tips, had a chance a bit to play so came out something

Attachment 104238

No any innovation just I like if that trapezoid is also an extrude, because later with the lights feeling more convenient to set the final color of that 'scene'.
    Hi csehz, that's a really a great piece of work. Just starting this tips & tricks but I've been following your progress with it and your to be commended for your perseverence and determination and great finish, of which I hope I can intergrate into my attempt. Learnt a lot from your progress and Gary's guidance. Well done mate

Stygg

Thanks for your comments, Gary.
    You asked for a bit of realism, so as the image looks complete.

It took a short while (not too long), but I feel that it was worth the effort.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thanks for your very kind words,

seeing Gare's example associated that yes the extrude tool also should quite fit to fast illustrating of children games, as its 'material' is quite easily looks some like plastic

ExtrudeToolLego.xar

Name:	ExtrudeToolLego.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	104257

Stygg welcome for joining to the Tips & Tricks, I should also move a bit to the Photo Compositions 2 yet

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Learnt a lot from your progress and Gary's guidance. Well done mate

Stygg
    Oh, count me out on the compliments, stygg. I might make remarks about lighting and other photorealistic elements, but the lens tutorial was entirely Rik's offering for XaraXone. I'm still working on a Xara Academy logo! And Certificates of Excellence.

-g

(BTW, xaracademy and xaraacedmy.com belong to TheBoutons, but they are parked until we can get cracking on it some day).

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Thanks for your very kind words,

seeing Gare's example associated that yes the extrude tool also should quite fit to fast illustrating of children games, as its 'material' is quite easily looks some like plastic

ExtrudeToolLego.xar

Name:	ExtrudeToolLego.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	104257

Stygg welcome for joining to the Tips & Tricks, I should also move a bit to the Photo Compositions 2 yet
    Can I put Mr. Lego guy on the flatbed of my train?

EXCELLENTLY DONE, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Can I put Mr. Lego guy on the flatbed of my train?
    Exactly had the same next thought that nice would be putting the figures to the train but did not have more time, maybe on Thursday can try something (or the Photo compositions 2, or to where Xara leads that never can be known )

Gary your post #36, I know it was Rik's tips & tricks and a great one too, I got my wording mixed up which is not un-usual now a days I've posted two images, one with reflection and the other with shadow. Hope I've done your t&t justice Rik

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	104264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	104265  

Default Re: September 2014 Tips and Tricks - Creating illustrations With Only Extrudes

One more with colour change, I just had to try this and I liked it

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	104266