Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Newbie with questions??????

Cheers peep's I would be interested on seeing a photo of Loriblackdog's final wood cut looks. Know nothing of wood cutting.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I really want to thank all of you and to let you know I appreciate the help. Good instructions from Egg & Wizzard. I have learned and bookmarked all the good information. THANK YOU ALL

very handy tutorial Egg - here's a couple of additional tips.

You can double click a node to make it a curve.

If lines have a profile you do not need to convert them to shapes before combining the shapes, add shapes will work on it's own. 1 less step.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Learned a few new tricks there, Egg. Thanks.

Hi Wizard,
    I really appreciate the help, however I can barely understand egg and he talks very low I couldn't folllow. I was wondering if you could do a tutorial and send to me this way I can do as I watch. I get confused on what order to do things. I am really trying to learn and everyone has been so nice, so thank you again. Forever greatful.......................Loriblackdog

Hi again Loriblackdog,

Here's a tutorial on creating the scroll:

See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

here's a couple of additional tips.

You can double click a node to make it a curve.

If lines have a profile you do not need to convert them to shapes before combining the shapes, add shapes will work on it's own. 1 less step.
    Cheers Christine. I alternate betweem a mouse and my bamboo. I can't get on with the pen's double-click so I tend not to do this.

There was only one stroke, the other was still a line so this wouldn't work
    Egg

OK Loriblackdo as requested I did a tutorial for you. I tried to be thorough but who knows, maybe I wasn't. I am posting a xar file so you can zoom in or whatever. I've never done a video tutorial so this method will have to do. Hope it helps. Let me know.

line tutorial.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Wizzard,

Thanks, that is what I needed I wasn't sure about when to add shapes join shapes. Between you and egg I have learned alot. Loriblackdog