Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PayPal Minicart - Xara Web Designer 10 Premium?

Is there a way to add the PayPal MiniCart to a Xara Web Designer 10 Premium website? This is NOT the PayPal button that the widget adds. It's more modern. Basically, when a customer adds an item to the cart a small dropdown appears in the top-right of the browser showing the item, quantity and price (It does not take them from the website store page until they click Checkout). The user can increase the quantity, delete the item, or click the Checkout button in the MiniCart dropdown which will take them to the PayPal payment system.

I have it on a number of websites I created with a competing product. Here are a couple samples.

[Acorn: Sites removed as new Members are moderated to ensure there is no unwanted commercial promotion. There inclusion is not required for the resolution of the Post]
    Caution: These are graphic intense sites, so allow some time to load.

Frank Olivio
    Last edited by Acorn; 23 September 2014 at 06:15 PM.

Default Re: PayPal Minicart - Xara Web Designer 10 Premium?

Frank, is this the right product: http://minicartjs.com/?
    It is not by PayPal itself.

Reading the Basic Setup describes everything you need to get started.
    As you have got sites using this already, its migration ought not to be too taxing for you.

As there is so much customisation, you need to create a sample test site.
    When you get problems, post it here and others will correct or rectify.

As far as see it is interception your already created PayPal button's behaviour.
    The utility probably stores a session cookie so your sites need to declare the purpose of this activity (by law in the EU).

The PayPal button is a Placeholder, for which you could use the Xara PayPal Add to Cart widget.
    The render() and reset() code are also in Placeholders. I would use the Website HTML Code (head for the first and a box's Placeholder HTML code (head) for the second.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn for your reply,

minicart.js is similar to the PayPal minicart I'm using. The one on my sites is included in the software I've been using (not Xara)(I am considering a move to Xara for the responsive capability). Like Xara, I just drag an icon (ecommerce) onto my page and the dialog opens up with 3 shopping cart options, one of which is PayPal. Within the PayPal dialog are many options from Buy Now, to Add To Cart, to Donations, etc. The dialog steps through the configuration options like Shipping, Shipping Addon for additional products in the same order, Address Required, Weight, Handling fees, etc. Options can be added with validation requirements, and custom code can be inserted to further customize the ecommerce capability. For example, on one of my sites I have added code to force text to be all CAPS on the screen and on the product text in the cart.

The minicart attaches to the top-right of the page in the browser after the first item is added to the cart. It drops down again whenever another item is added to the cart. The customer can increase/decrease the quantity, delete the item from the cart, and click the Checkout button to finalize their order. It's a very complete implementation and especially geared toward non-coders (me).

If you're interested you can PM me and I'll provide more details and a list of sites I've created.

Frank Olivio

I am interested in getting more info on PayPal minicart - which I can find no info on PP site.

Why can I not PM this member to help me with this? - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

jb, it's because it isn't a PayPal tool.
    You can't PM the OP as he has not had enough bona fide Posts on TG to earn it yet.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Jeb,

I'm not sure why this forum has these new member rules. They tell me it's to avoid spammers. I frequent a number of forums as an end-user and beta tester, and this is the only one with such stringent rules. It makes it not only incredibly non-user friendly, it's down-right infuriating.

I already bought Web Designer Pro 10 and I'm trying to make a decision as to whether or not to switch all my sites to it, but this forum, and the fact that there are no sales or user support phone numbers, or timely email support, has convinced me that Xara and Talk Graphics are not a place where I can see myself long-term.

Xara has some very nifty tools, but it seems they care little to none about the user-base or potential customers. I currently use Serif products (among others) and I must say the user sales and tech support are incredible. The ONLY reason I'm considering a switch to Xara is for the responsive website capability, but it has been anything but easy to get my queries answered. The fact that every post to this site must be approved by a moderator is just paranoid.

To your original question, the PayPal MiniCart I use is built into Serif WebPlus. It's as simple as dragging it onto the page or master page. You need a PayPal account to receive payments. Customer payments can be made via any major Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, PayPal Credit or Bank Transfer.

Frank O...