Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phote with text plug in?

Well, I'm looking for some type of ecommerce plug in that will allow me or the manufacture to post pictures, place a description about the picture, and then to have the user of the web site, the ability to contact the manufacture directly with an on-line request for more information. Is there such a plug in?

Rob

Default Re: Phote with text plug in?

Coffeecup Web Form Builder might do what you are looking for.
    http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder/

Quote Originally Posted by Head Coach View Post
    ... will allow me or the manufacture to post pictures...
    Rob, I would create a WordPress site for you and the photo manufacturer and embed that site within Embed a website widget within Xara.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

what I need is a wysiwyg software that will allow me to create a SQL data base to hold members information (name, address, age, products that they are interested in, and products that they buy). I will need for memberships to be sold on a monthly bases where the membership counts down every day from 30 to zero, until they renew their membership for 30 more days(crontab). Then, once in, they will have the ability to get discounts from our manufactures that become partners of our web site. This is where the shopping cart comes in. I need to have the shopping cart designed in a way so that any manufacture can sign up, and place their products on our site to sell discounted products to our paid membership. Plus, I need the member to have the ability to contact the manufacture to ask more about product. Last, I want to have the ability to redirect similar products to the members that are interested in certain items, allowing me to push more or other products to our membership. I was told that Salesforce.com was the way to go. Is this true? Thanks for your help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Head Coach View Post
    what I need is a wysiwyg software that will allow me to create a SQL data base to hold members information (name, address, age, products that they are interested in, and products that they buy). I will need for memberships to be sold on a monthly bases where the membership counts down every day from 30 to zero, until they renew their membership for 30 more days(crontab). Then, once in, they will have the ability to get discounts from our manufactures that become partners of our web site. This is where the shopping cart comes in. I need to have the shopping cart designed in a way so that any manufacture can sign up, and place their products on our site to sell discounted products to our paid membership. Plus, I need the member to have the ability to contact the manufacture to ask more about product. Last, I want to have the ability to redirect similar products to the members that are interested in certain items, allowing me to push more or other products to our membership. I was told that Salesforce.com was the way to go. Is this true? Thanks for your help in advance.
    I don't believe you will ever find S/W to create a database. If you are considering Salesforce then comparable products would be MS's CRM or SharePoint. Now, all of these are not cheap, being two orders of magnitude more expensive than your Xara application.
    Are you competent in the use of MySQL and PHP? If you are building your own back end then this too is a large undertaking.

Again, I recommend WordPress. Look at https://wordpress.org/plugins/participants-database/.
    I would build two backends: one for suppliers; the second for buyers.
    WP has a number of shopping basket plugins: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...+basket+plugin.
    An expiry plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/expire-users/.

If you don't want to use WP then develop the functionality in it or crib the stated functionalities to better inform yourself or your designer.
    I find building something and using it as a Specification by Example is vital.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, Is there a wysiwyg type of SQL database software that will allow me to place photos in a database? Or is there some type of plug in that I can use with my Xara? have you ever seen this photo web site.... www . rf123.com (corrected link: http://www.123rf.com/ [Acorn])? I like the site because it allows you to buy photos on a credit point system. You pay $20.00 for so many credits and each picture, depending on size, cost so many credits....very cool.

Well, I would like to do the same thing, but with hockey drills. I was thinking that each drill is just a picture, so I will need to place these drills into a category database, that when the user clicks on the category, it would bring up all the drills in that category on a single page for the end user to choose from. Once he selects the drill, I would like for that drill to be transferred to a hold page that has an image of a practice planner. Once the drill is selected, the drill populates into this planner where there will be 5 areas on this planner in which to fill out with drills. Once the planner is filled, the user can then do a print out and then the credits are subtracted from the total credit purchased. Then once he runs out of credits, he could buy more credits for more drills. Each drill will cost 1 credits, times 5 drills for a total of 5 credits for each practice plan. Cost would be $20.00 for 25 credits which will get him/her 5 practice plans. I have over 300 drills for the user to select from and I am design new drills every day. So, as you can see, I will need a database to place these drills in a category and the ability to allow users to pay for credits which would probably mean some type of gate way. Can I accomplish this all though Xara? or what program should I use? I was told that I could use MyWebSQL.net which is a wysiwyg program so I didn't have to do any coding. Have you ever heard of this program? How will I be able to make this interface so that the drills transfer from the database to the planner? Is that designed in Java? Thanks for your advice. Rob
    Last edited by Acorn; 02 October 2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Removed link to site as it does not reflect OP's description.

Rob, I disabled the link you provided.
    Can you check the URL you supplied and possibly update to the one you were describing?
    Acorn

Hum, not sure what happened, but here is the link again of that photo web site: http://www.123rf.com/

You type rf123.com not 123rf.com.
    Acorn

If you are trying to emulate this site's purchasing approach then a native Xara application will not do it; you need a Content Management System (CMS).
    You can check TG with site:www.talkgraphics.com/ cms.
    The two main contenders appear to be XT-CMS and Ecwid.

Acorn