Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I open UPI 8.5,the main window opens and I get an error: the specified procedure could not be found. Apparently, there are 4 procedures, that could not be found, so I have to click 4 times this message to get over with it. After that, the program works fine (as far as I can see). What causes this error message? What procedures could not be found? How to correct this problem and stop this error message?
    Thanks for suggestions and help.
    IP

When I open UPI 8.5,the main window opens and I get an error: the specified procedure could not be found. Apparently, there are 4 procedures, that could not be found, so I have to click 4 times this message to get over with it. After that, the program works fine (as far as I can see). What causes this error message? What procedures could not be found? How to correct this problem and stop this error message?
    Thanks for suggestions and help.
    IP

I never encountered this, but here are some ideas you might check out:
    Did you install any 3rd party plugin in it that might be incompatible or can no longer be located in the directory specified in the preference setting?
    In the preference panel, try disabling the check ulead site every__ days box.
    4 procedures... never heard of this, but I do know PI loads the plugins during start up.
    IP

Thanks, Grafixman, for your siggestions. I'll check the Preferences. May be there are 4 plug-ins? This error is minor, but it indicates some four wrongs...
    Ilya
    IP

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grafixman:

Did you install any 3rd party plugin in it that might be incompatible or can no longer be located in the directory specified in the preference setting?
    No, I didn't install any plugins.

In the preference panel, try disabling the check ulead site every__ days box.
    I looked in the General Preference, but there is no option for number of days. In the Help, there is Product Update on the Web, but it's rather manual and has no option for interval setting.
    IP

General Prefs... yes there is an area for checking number of days to check ULead's site...
    IP

Originally posted by gidgit:
    General Prefs... yes there is an area for checking number of days to check ULead's site...
    In my version of UPI Pro 8.5, under File> Preferences> General there are these options:
    Plugins, Guidelines and Grids, Tools, Transparency, Web & Internet, Web Object, Open & Save, System, Associate, Display. I checked all of them - no option to change or indicate number of days...
    IP

Maybe it's a bad install. Try putting on the install disk again and click the repair option...
    IP

Well, now we're talking... To begin with, during the installation from the CD (set of 2), I was getting an error message and could not get through installation. According to UPI KB, the way around is to copy CD on the HD and install from there. It worked, I installed the program, and it works with this little error I reported. Now what? Do the same again? I still hope that someone may know what causes this error and it could be fixed without reinstall.
    IP

Uninstall and reinstall is not really that painful, unless you got lots of presets and objects added to the magic pallette. You said you encountered errors while installing. Could have scrambled something during installation. If you did decide to uninstall, try reinstalling in a different folder. Could also clean up the registry after uninstalling and before reinstalling. Lots of those registry cleaning softwares around. Google is your best friend, but perhaps other members here have good suggestions?
    IP