Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Ecwid question

Default Ecwid question

Hi all

I am just putting my toe into the scary world of eCommerce and am having a go with Ecwid.

My questions is - am I limited to having the Ecwid store on a single web page ie is it not possible to have different elements of the store on different web pages and use a xara driven navigation bar?

I am sure the answer will be no, but just wanted to double check with the experts on the forum.

Many thanks

Neil

Default Re: Ecwid question

Hi Neil

While we wait for someone who really knows the answer to your question, I will suggest this: the tech people at ecwlid can probably answer the first question as to how you structure your e-commerce page or pages.

I am not sure if you can add the e-commerce code to your page via a placeholder or if you have to link to a page you create an the ecwlid. I tried it out once but it was a while ago and I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday.

Check back in a while and see if anybody is more lucid on the subject.

In order to answer your question, I really need to know what you are looking to do. If you are wanting to add categories in a drop down menu to your Xara navigation bar, you can do that. If you want to add a "featured product" section to your website, you can do that too. I'm about to do that but I read about it and watched a video. I figured that I could take the elements from having just one item and duplicate the steps for multiple items.

If you have about me, shipping, and warranty/return sections on your website, you can simply have links to those on your Ecwid store (Dashboard) but also have them on your Xara site.
    Just let me know what you need. I'm not sure if this will sign me up for notifications, so if I take too long to reply, PM me so I can know to reply on here.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Hi all

I am just putting my toe into the scary world of eCommerce and am having a go with Ecwid.

My questions is - am I limited to having the Ecwid store on a single web page ie is it not possible to have different elements of the store on different web pages and use a xara driven navigation bar?

I am sure the answer will be no, but just wanted to double check with the experts on the forum.

Many thanks

Neil
    Hello Neil,
    Thank you for choosing Ecwid.

Generally there are several ways to install Ecwid online store to your website:

1) Add integration code of Ecwid product browser into the source code of your web page. Product browser shows and includes a full-featured shopping cart with products, categories, catalog, checkout pages, etc. within the single page of your website. You can check how Ecwid product browser is working in our demo store: http://www.ecwid.com/demo Please refer to this article for details: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...roduct-browser

It is possible to use the navigation of your website. You can assign links to the certain Ecwid categories to your website menu items. In order to get a direct link to Ecwid category you should perform the following steps:
    • Open your Ecwid store.
    • Go to the necessary product or category.
    • Grab the URL from the address bar of your browser. It's the URL of the opened product/category. Use it to link to it.

Alternatively you can use Ecwid widgets for navigation: there are horizontal or vertical categories widgets.

2) You can create separate web pages for different product categories. In this case you can install Ecwid product browser to each of these pages with the help of "Default category" feature. Please find the instruction in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1155753

In case you have further questions, please create a new thread on Ecwid forums to get assistance : http://www.ecwid.com/forums