Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
Gary just an update on a post of mine last week about there being no Colour select/erase tool in XP&GD10, it only being in the Pro version, well I was wrong.

Stygg
Gary P. reviewed both P&GD 10 and the Pro version. Sadly, I don't have enough hours in the day to warn off members from tutorials that depend on a specific version—I can hardly keep up with them myself. Check out the feature sets here.

Two more things:

1.) There's usually more than one way to accomplish something in Xara. If you look on the Page & Layer Gallery Gallery after using a Mask, for example, you'll see a Mask layer....and the hard way to replicate this is to clip or slice a shape. The Eraser tool might appear to cause permanent damage to a photo, but it's actually just clipping areas which can be restored by lassoing the control points with the Shape (Editor) tool and hitting Backspace.

2.) When in doubt, go to Control Bars> Button Palette. No idea whatsoever why tools we've used in the past have been retired to here. Happy to learn, however, they are not gone.

-g