Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Naming Images

Default Naming Images

Must be doing something wrong.

I need an image to be exported with a particular name in order to include it in some code.

The image when it's imported into WD is called 0000.jpg but this name doesnt appear on the server in the index_htm_files.

I've named the image in WD with a name tag filename="photo1" but this doesnt appear in the index_htm_files either.

The image in WD is called bitmap104 but this also doesnt appear in the index_htm_files

I have a mobile and desktop version of the site if that makes a difference

So how do I give an image a name?

Default Re: Naming Images

Hi Megg

I just tried this and it works fine in Web Designer 10 Premium.

I named an image filename="screen-shot" and pressed Add.

Then I published the page to a folder and the image screen-shot.jpg is in my index_html_files folder.

One thing to check, when you name the image, do not add the file extention (in this case .jpg).

You seem to be doing it correctly.

I added a random image into WD.
    I then Previewed it, right-clicked on it and select Save picture as... to discover its filename.
    Without a Name, is manifests as nnn.jpg.

I then Named it filename="photo1" and did the above and got photo1.jpg.

Can you try this?

I tried on two Variants and reduced the image size on the mobile one.
    Both showed as photo1.jpg. The mobile variant one has an extra class of
    xr_rn_ .

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not working for me
    Doing exactly the same, but it's not even appearing the in index_htm locally or the server. Even deleted the index folder off the server and re-exported

If i view in preview then right click and save as then the image on the desktop site is called 765.jpg but if I view the file on the server named 765.jpg its blank.
    The file photo1 is still not showing in export or on the server

Megg, try losing the quotes. It's possible your machine locale is entering smart quotes or something different to what's expected.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I tried that as well Acorn, still not renaming

Can you upload a file or a page where you are having this issue?