Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple iWatch

Default Apple iWatch

Is it a winner from Apple?
    What do you think?

iWatch

Hope the link above works for you.
    If not, I'm sure you can find it on the Apple website.

I will warn you, that you'll have to put up the slowwwww talking!
    Another Apple invention, maybe?!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: Apple iWatch

Too little and too late.

Design wise it is just another rectangle with rounded corners and there is nothing that has not been seen before and no marketing or hype is going to change that.

If you cannot resist the urge for a smart watch, the Google Nexus watch (not released) looks a better deal. http://www.businessinsider.com/googl...-spring-2014-2

The way I see it, Apple only has to compete with themselves. All the Android manufacturers are competing with each other which drives innovation.

Apple fans will always buy Apple products even if there is a better product on the market.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-smartwatch-concept.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	103792  

I somehow had trouble with Rik's link so I watched (pun...) the trailer on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shirth1OjRE.

It is a well thought-out product and I am curious to see it 'in the flesh'. I am neither a gadget lover nor an Apple devotee, so I will pass but I do admire the quality they put into their designs.

Also looks uglier Gary! Wouldn't have it on my wrist. Worst thing about iWatch is that it has to be used with iPhone 6 either that it loses some of its use of apps and at $3?? odd dollars it's hugely expensive. Personally I like the look of the Moto which you can look at here: https://moto360.motorola.com/
    Design is thinking made visual.

Call me old school, but i see no need for smart watches. Just another way thing to distract people from what's going on around them in real life. I even gave my mobile phone after 12 years when i gave up work and never looked back. Told ya, old school here (can't even be bothered with the likes of FaceBook either) and think a lot of tech things is going too far and only make people feel they have to rely on them. Yes i know i sound boring to most but hey

I don't know what the fuss about smart watchs is, I've had one for over 2 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoactv). Compared to the available GPS watchs available at the time it's worlds ahead, colour touch screen, WIFI with automatic upload of exercise session and built-in music player.

I don't see how Apple can be serious about aiming their watch at the sports\fitness market without a GPS (no, I don't want to carry a phone whilst running just to use it's GPS).

I would not wear one of these for all the tea in China (or London) Pete. What's the point? But I agree the Moto 360 has a much better design. But again, it's a gimmick. If you have to use it with your phone, then you don't need it, you have your phone.

Basically it's a Rolex. By that I mean it's just another watch that costs a fortune but in reality just tells the time. You don't need to go around with a chronometer on your wrist.

Okay so it has apps and stuff. I find it hard enough to use my mobile (which are now going up in size over recent times to be able to accomodate web browsing, apps etc) but trying to use a wristwatch sized interface I'd find impossible.

As for the sports applications, I did run once but didn't enjoy it at all so I didn't do that again.

I must admit it looks very well engineered but I think Google Glasses are more the way forward (If indeed we need to go forward).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

it has opened up interesting possibilities especially in the way it can really monitor your body