Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website Designer wanted

We use xara extensively in our company and have a rather antiquated website set up a couple of years ago. We are toying with the idea of outsourcing a revamped website as we are too busy to be able to do it ourselves. We want the website to be created in xara so that we have the knowledge and ability to tweak and alter if necessary. The website is for a range of local UK maps and needs to be fairly extensive with several hundred pages, zoom facilities, e-commerce and a good search facility. If anybody is interested or knows anyone that is please contact me.

Sean

Default Re: Website Designer wanted

Sean, sounds like you should take on an apprentice.
    It would require commitment but must be cheaper in the long term as you will have a most useful asset in six months' time as well as an apprentice piece to showcase.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's just that we are a small company up to our eyeballs and I am the xara expert (I use the term very loosely). We will defintely take someone on but probably not until next year and in the meantime we have a real problem with our web presence.

OK. Anybody interested? You have have to post here because new members are not allowed to post links. But in this case Sean, you can post an e-mail link and Acorn and I will look the other way.

Thanks Gary, you will see from our present website that it is rather pedestrian although the work in progress is rather better however there is definitely scope for improvement I love ... can you love software ... xara and am a long term user in a good way. I hope that it can do what we want it to do! Anyway I am sean@yellowpublications.co.uk and look the other way I have to say that I am celebrating tonight the Union as I would have been very disappointed if we had parted company.

OK. Good luck. Any Xara (this does not apply to non-Xara users) website designers out there who want to step up to the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by seanq View Post
    Thanks Gary, you will see from our present website that it is rather pedestrian although the work in progress is rather better however there is definitely scope for improvement I love ... can you love software ... xara and am a long term user in a good way. I hope that it can do what we want it to do! Anyway I am sean@yellowpublications.co.uk and look the other way I have to say that I am celebrating tonight the Union as I would have been very disappointed if we had parted company.
    What no demands for Cornish independence?

Interesting that for no keywords on your pages, you are getting a good Google presence.
    I can see he challenges are making the site mobile friendly and including a good CMS. XT-CMS might be best rather than ECWID.
    It needs to be twittering and have a news blog.
    The navigation ought to reflect the products' nature.
    I feel it has to make your unique selling point immediately and on every page: timely, accurate, bespoke, ...
    Searching might just work with Google alone. As you are trying to target a product in an area, there are ways to use forms without needing a search capability.
    Personally, I would be looking to using filtering on a html table; more to maintain but exclusively punchy.
    Skillset needed: Xara-savvy, JavaScript, CMS, blogging site, jQuery, HMI/UX design, mobile site experience, SEO coverage, ...

i hope this gives you and potential designers a heads-up.

Good luck,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi guys thanks a lot for all your help I am a total novice on the xara web side as I tend to use it for our graphics needs.

Well actually I'm Devonian (after 20 years on Dartmoor) and travel 120 miles a day backwards and forwards across the border into the wild hinterlands of Cornwall

All the best

Sean