Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website- System Requirements Missing - Photo & Graphic Designer 11 Windows XP?

I've been a Xara used since 2001 or so. I need to upgrade my Xara Extreme 2.0F. I went to Xara's website to see what they had. I found Photo & Graphic Designer 11. First thing I check is to see what the the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS are. Not to be found . UGH! Not listed.

I'm a retired CIO and I was responsible for many websites over the years. I would never had let Xara's website go into production without an easy one-click link to system requirements. Why is it so hard to put system requirements on a website that wants to sell software?

I went to Google and found this page:

http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...--designer-pro

From that page it looks like Photo & Graphic Designer 11 will not run under Windows XP SP3.

So how do I get a copy of Photo & Graphic Designer 10 which will run under XP?

Default Re: Website- System Requirements Missing - Photo & Graphic Designer 11 Windows XP?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You would probably need to purchase an older version, maybe on E-Bay. But, you could upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 or even 9. Your version of Xara Extreme is not the only program that is a little out of date. :-)

Default Re: Website- System Requirements Missing - Photo & Graphic Designer 11 Windows XP?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

You would probably need to purchase an older version, maybe on E-Bay. But, you could upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 or even 9. Your version of Xara Extreme is not the only program that is a little out of date. :-)
    The issue is not with my OS. It works perfectly fine. I choose not to upgrade the OS as I have quite a few programs and hardware that are not compatible with Win 7 & beyond (music recording).

I'll check out eBay and other sites for an older version Photo & Graphic Designer.

I found a copy of Photo & Graphic Designer 10 new on eBay. Cost was $28 - cheap. XP issue solved.

I still think Xara should put all systems requirements on the website next to the products that they are selling.

BTW, I still use Webstyle 4 DAILY to create images for the web. It just works well

There you are then.

XP should support P&GD according to this - http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...or-xara-titles
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    XP should support P&GD according to this - http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...or-xara-titles
    Whoops, looks like we need to update that

Thanks for pointing that out

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64