Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara alternatives?

That Sketch looks interesting. Can it output 16 bit grey scale image( depth map)? Does it work with bit maps the same easy way as Xara? Easy crop, feather edges, easy bitmap replacement in the whole document?

Quote Originally Posted by KIR23 View Post
    That Sketch looks interesting. Can it output 16 bit grey scale image( depth map)? Does it work with bit maps the same easy way as Xara? Easy crop, feather edges, easy bitmap replacement in the whole document?
    KIR23, I'm not here to sell Sketch 3 and my suggestion is that you investigate it yourself if you have a Mac (there's a free trial). My whole point was that you should look at alternative software in terms of your workflow not as a direct comparison with Xara.

I am not someone who really cares about depth maps or photo manipulation and I haven't investigated that. It's not really the focus of the software, or my focus. Sketch3 is a vector drawing app optimised for creating user interfaces not photo manipulation. Feathered edges is just a shortcut for a gradient mask. I can't remember the last time I used it in Xara.

Sketch reminds me of what Xara was many years ago - lean and mean.

thanks pauland