Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: naming objects

Default Re: naming objects

Hi Boy,

If you preview Acorns web file the buttons on the right hand side fade from grey to pale blue.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If you select the fade css placeholder and click the Web Properties / Placeholder tab the fade class is called in the Head code section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fade.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	103701  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    If you have a group with text in it, apply the name "HTMLText" to just the text and the text will get exported as text rather than part of an image.

Way too many texts in one sentence lol
    Thanks Rob - so if I have a rectangle with a line of text on it and they are grouped, then if I name the text, when published the text willl be searchable by Google instead of being a .png?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Boy,

If you preview Acorns web file the buttons on the right hand side fade from grey to pale blue.
    I see 3 buttons on the left with no fade - if I mouse over, then they switch from grey to light blue.....?

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    I see 3 buttons on the left with no fade - if I mouse over, then they switch from grey to light blue.....?
    Same thing here but then I realized that this might be because I dragged & dropped the file into DPX 10. Double clicking it, showed the whole file, including the buttons on the right which are placed on the pasteboard.

However, previewing it in IE the fade function did not work but in Chrome it did. I am still using XP on my desktop so I tried the file on the laptop with Windows 7 and now the fade shows.

By the way, I moved the fade buttons to another layer.

Thanks Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Same thing here but then I realized that this might be because I dragged & dropped the file into DPX 10. Double clicking it, showed the whole file, including the buttons on the right which are placed on the pasteboard.

However, previewing it in IE the fade function did not work but in Chrome it did. I am still using XP on my desktop so I tried the file on the laptop with Windows 7 and now the fade shows.

By the way, I moved the fade buttons to another layer.

Thanks Acorn
    Thanks for solving it.
    I've just checked that dragging a .web file into an open application when the Pasteboard is locked is the cause.
    That makes sense as you are effectively copying & pasting.

You have four modes:
    1. Double-click .web file - opens in a new tab.
    2. Drag and drop onto an open page background - acts as copy & paste of unlocked items.
    3. Drag onto open application with no open files as 1. above.
    4. Drag to application toolbar when you have open files - as 1. above.

Therefore, by order of best-assured opening, options 1-4-3-2.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Aaaah - thanks Acorn!

I'd love to learn more about special uses of object naming, but there's not a single mention of "htmlclass=..." in the entire 686-page manual for Xara Designer Pro X 365. Does anyone know why not? It makes me wonder what else is undocumented. I was hoping to find out if there was anything similar such as "htmlid=..." in order to generate IDs for objects that can be used to call functions in javascript, such as causing audio to play on hover.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    I'd love to learn more about special uses of object naming, but there's not a single mention of "htmlclass=..." in the entire 686-page manual for Xara Designer Pro X 365. Does anyone know why not? It makes me wonder what else is undocumented. I was hoping to find out if there was anything similar such as "htmlid=..." in order to generate IDs for objects that can be used to call functions in javascript, such as causing audio to play on hover.
    htmlclass was introduced at my request (fanfare) but Xara doesn't refer to such additions as they are considered ephemeral - they might not be supported later on when they get round to a better solution.

No need to use "htmlid" as simply typing in a Name does that directly.

There is one other - UsesJQuery - to load in the jQuery framework.

Xara also uses Tag elements in some Widgets and none of these are described anywhere either.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat