Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page Shift When Doing Transition Effects

Hello

I notice when I do effects the pages shift but if I do the effect as instant the page stays in place.

I told Xara about this in X9 and they said it would be fixed but seeing the same thing in X10.

It affects all site pages, the effect is on the small images on this page: http://www.jpaslu.com/castries-jp.html

But if you go to all other pages you see the site shift like home page http://www.jpaslu.com/index.html

Any idea why this is happening when you use effects.

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Page Shift When Doing Transition Effects

This came up a few days ago. I think the solution is to disable page transitions.

Page transitions are more effective when the content on your page is very minimal and simple.

Thanks but shouldn't transitions work.

I am only using the effect on the picture not the whole page so why it affects all pages.

Have not heard back from Xara as yet but was supposed to be fixed on X10

Apparently it happens if you use any transition effects on a popup layer as well. So I think if you just have a popup layer fading in or sliding in for example you get that page shift. I have it on a few sites too. :/
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Well its a bit annoying to see the site shifting, does that mean no effects?
    Last edited by gwpriester; 02 September 2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: shifting, typo

Well this is what I got from Xara:

"This has been marked as a high priority bug that if not fixed for V10, will certainly be fixed for V11. The pop-up layers and transitions are undergoing a large rewrite to improve performance and stability"

So guess it is wait and see for now.

Yeah, thanks for posting the latest on it. On some sites I've chosen to use the transition effects and just live with the page shift but it would be good to have it fixed.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.